Please help identify..Loose pieces in my Christmas victor..

Share your phonograph repair & restoration techniques here
Micki
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Life is a dance, we learn as we go. So sing along and remember to stop and smell the flowers.

Please help identify..Loose pieces in my Christmas victor..

Post by Micki »

Hello All, I love to come here for technical help and direction; thanks for all the input. I have been wanting to jump on and introduce myself for a while and today as I am refinishing my Cirola's box (Gonna do this one before I touch one my victor's)I have the time..
Hello I am Micki , I live north of Allentown in Pa. I inherited my mother’s VVIX last year and to my disappointment the speed control is bad I mean Bing singing White Christmas sounds like the chipmunks’. But I have since found resources to remedy that. Ok with that being said my true bite of the bug came November 2009, I went to visit a friend and saw a cabinet out along the road; I drove by it for almost a week(thank god it did not rain) when I finally stopped to my surprise it was a Victorlia! So you got it I stuck it in my truck brought it home plugged it in (this blew my mind plug in) and what a beauty sounds like nothing i ever heard before!... Yes a Credenza-X #1555,two door model, with records and needles. Out for the trash this marvelous machine was mine. And my obsession begun I am hooked, machines and records are filling the spare room which is now the music room.
Since then I have acquired a RCA Victor model 012 picnic, a Cirola phonograph A10220 and for Christmas I go a beautiful VV-50. Which brings me to my question, when I was inspecting the motor and oiling it I found a number of these loose (see pictures) in the horn and under the motor board what the heck are they? I am pretty sure they are not from the motor. Anyone know?
Attachments
These things are small.
These things are small.
what2.jpg (186.49 KiB) Viewed 2131 times
and there where about 14 of them.
and there where about 14 of them.
what3.jpg (262.74 KiB) Viewed 2131 times
Micki

Henry
Victor V

Re: Please help identify..Loose pieces in my Christmas victor..

Post by Henry »

Geez, you found a Credenza by the side of the road??? Which road? Never mind, it's too late---you already got it. :-(

I've never seen anything like those objects pictured. Tiny clothespins, maybe?

Micki
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Life is a dance, we learn as we go. So sing along and remember to stop and smell the flowers.

Post by Micki »

ya i did find it along the road,and boy am I happy I desided to stop and look at it. It is marvolus condition and plays wonderful. I want to drive it down to Sherrill in southern pa to have him service it and rewire the motor, I think i seem you speak of him before. as far as my question of wht is this it just may be something they left in the box kinda looks like needle gaurd with sharp pointy clips... :monkey:
Micki

johnk
Victor Jr

Post by johnk »

Try writing George Vollema at http://www.victroladoctor.com. He had replacements for some missing parts that I could only describe in writing; try emailing him your pictures.
Good Luck!
johnk.

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

Could these pins be used to slide a photograph or piece of paper into the slot and then pin it to a cork or fabric board? This way things could be hung without pinning through them. Just reminds me of the special pins for cubicle walls :lol:

They definitely are not parts from a VV-50, I just disassembled one completely a few months ago.

Andreas

novkev24
Victor I

Post by novkev24 »

I have a VV-50, and my machine does have these items either.
The purchase of a Genuine Victrola closes the Avenue of Future Regret.

- ANNOUNCEMENT The Victrola Shortage Today (New Castle News, Friday, December, 20, 1918)