Very fast thorough motor clean on single spring unit.

Share your phonograph repair & restoration techniques here
PeteLeoni
Victor I
Personal Text: I know nothing (yet) help!

Re: Very fast thorough motor clean on single spring unit.

Post by PeteLeoni »

Absolutely he didn't wear a helmet!
But the man may have rode motorcycles or flew beautiful old airplanes. You are right. Be safe (-;

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

PeteLeoni wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:23 pm
But the man may have rode motorcycles or flew beautiful old airplanes. You are right. Be safe (-;
Oh, it's worse than that, he drives Model T Fords, (as do I)! :lol:

PeteLeoni
Victor I

Post by PeteLeoni »

JerryVan wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:41 am
PeteLeoni wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:23 pm
Oh, it's worse than that, he drives Model T Fords, (as do I)! :lol:
Good for you! Yep, you wore no bike helmet and siphoned gasoline with a piece of green hose, which works fine till you swallow a good bit. Yeah, my old fearless ass lived through that too no hospital visit. I want a model T though!

PeteLeoni
Victor I

Post by PeteLeoni »

The next one I do, I will do (outside of course) in gasoline. Good enough for those brilliant Victor engineers, good enough for me. I have no problem getting springs in and out, but what a damn mess! I have a feeling that winding and running the motor assembly *while immersed* in gas will clear those springs of gunk pretty fast. Obviously I won't be playing with any sources of ignition during this maneuver.

Tell you what is more nerve racking than that, replacing fuel pumps from under back seats no way to avoid the danger of having a large 5" opening in top of the tank full of gas, inside a car. And please don't say "drain the gas" that absolutely makes more vapor. (REMOVE THE BATTERY PARK ON GRASS!)

Point is I personally have zero issues with a bucket of gasoline in the middle of the grass (-:
I do not recommend this to anyone but myself. (-: (insert lawyer crap recorded @ 33.3 but played @ 78)

PeteLeoni
Victor I

Post by PeteLeoni »

Someone pointed out that there is more danger of using gasoline now because it's now much higher octane. I can confirm that octane makes a difference having once started my burn barrel with some of aviation 100ll.....In Darth Vader voice:
"IMPRESSIVE"

Be careful. Not 100 octane but current auto gas is a lot higher than 1920 I would wager. Again, I am not recommending this to anyone but maybe a well equipped fireman.
I will be stupid you don't have to (-: