FOR SALE: Japanese Orthophonic Tabletop Victrola - INQUIRE

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
jmad7474
Victor I
Personal Text: "Don't Deny Yourself the Sheer Joy of Orthophonic Music"

Re: FOR SALE: Japanese Orthophonic Tabletop Victrola - INQUI

Post by jmad7474 »

JerryVan wrote:Too much drama. As the seller, it's your job to know what you want for it. Only you can know how much you'd be satisfied with. Don't ask us to do your research for you, then have to pay for it too. If you're not interested enough in selling it to set a price, then we're not interested in buying it. We've all been there before. We make an honest offer that he seller only uses as leverage with the next perspective buyer, and so on, while leaving the perspective buyers at first hopeful, then disappointed, then feeling used. Sorry. No sale.
And since I can tell you did not read this thread in its entirety - where FOR THE UPTEENTH TIME, I have mentioned on the previous page that I am not into that covert underground auction drama - I wouldn't sell it to you regardless. Pay attention to the listing next time and maybe we can do business together then! I am here to re-home this item, not pit other collectors against each other, and it is more than slightly insulting to me to have so many established collectors assume off the bat that that is my intent.

But thank you to all the other forum members and admins who have chimed in with the value of similar machines! If you would like to make me an offer in that range for this player, feel free to PM me and I will more likely than not accept it if its made in good faith and you are prepared and ready to pay for it right away. (Another reason why I am avoiding eBay at this time - fast payment and no transaction fees!)

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

JerryVan wrote:Too much drama. As the seller, it's your job to know what you want for it. Only you can know how much you'd be satisfied with. Don't ask us to do your research for you, then have to pay for it too. If you're not interested enough in selling it to set a price, then we're not interested in buying it. We've all been there before. We make an honest offer that he seller only uses as leverage with the next perspective buyer, and so on, while leaving the perspective buyers at first hopeful, then disappointed, then feeling used. Sorry. No sale.
I've got piles of miscellaneous "stuff" I'm planning on listing soon as "make offer" just to blow it out and make room. Don't forget not to look. :D
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

jmad7474 wrote:
... it is more than slightly insulting to me to have so many established collectors assume off the bat that that is my intent.
Well, I think the other seasoned collectors may have been entangled, as I have in the past, with situations as I described above. I can't speak for them, but I assumed this was another such go-around. Please excuse my premature assessment of your intentions. Best of luck with your sale.