WANTED: HORN FOR VICTOR SCHOOLHOUSE

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Raphael
Victor IV

WANTED: HORN FOR VICTOR SCHOOLHOUSE

Post by Raphael »

After 15 years of domestic shipping of large items via R&L Carriers, my luck ran out and they somehow managed to crush the shipment of a Victor Schoolhouse. The smooth oak horn, placed on top of the shipment pallet, was trashed. If anybody has one for sale, please contact me via direct email (not PM).

thanks,

Raphael
Attachments
IMG_0550.JPG
IMG_0550.JPG (159.9 KiB) Viewed 1650 times
IMG_0553.JPG

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Re: WANTED: HORN FOR VICTOR SCHOOLHOUSE

Post by HisMastersVoice »

That photo made me a bit nauseous. Let's leave the contents to the imagination.... :?

I can't imagine how that happened. Good luck finding a replacement!

fmblizz
Victor IV

Post by fmblizz »

wow.. no doubt some forklift operator jammed it against the roof of the trailer..

Blizz

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

The horn was trashed, no chance of repair. I've located a couple of replacement horns, but not as nice as this one (was).

Raphael
Attachments
IMG_0558.JPG

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

this was one of the most frustrating arrivals at my house to date... tail end of a bad week last week, with pretty much just this schoolhouse machine (and several drinks) to look forward to, only to find the horn crushed and basically destroyed due to what can only have been a blind forklift operator who loaded it onto the truck that ultimately dropped it at my place. no matter, you've seen the photos. I just thought it worth mentioning that despite that frustration and disappointment, the guy I bought it from - Raphael, obviously - remained understanding, responsive and flexible while figuring this all out with me... and despite really bearing none of the blame here himself. all I can say is he made good on this deal, and the resolution was more than fair. I'm sorry to see that horn now consigned to history, but you can be sure that none of the resulting karma will fall upon Raphael... thanks again.

briankeith
Victor IV
Personal Text: Jeepster

Post by briankeith »

Wow, history lost :cry:

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

brianu wrote:this was one of the most frustrating arrivals at my house to date... tail end of a bad week last week, with pretty much just this schoolhouse machine (and several drinks) to look forward to, only to find the horn crushed and basically destroyed due to what can only have been a blind forklift operator who loaded it onto the truck that ultimately dropped it at my place. no matter, you've seen the photos. I just thought it worth mentioning that despite that frustration and disappointment, the guy I bought it from - Raphael, obviously - remained understanding, responsive and flexible while figuring this all out with me... and despite really bearing none of the blame here himself. all I can say is he made good on this deal, and the resolution was more than fair. I'm sorry to see that horn now consigned to history, but you can be sure that none of the resulting karma will fall upon Raphael... thanks again.
Damn, Brian... sorry. :cry: A bad situation all around. A paid off insurance claim doesn't mean much if it can't be replaced, either.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

I take some degree of pride in being able to ship anything that I sell virtually anywhere in the world. Like I said earlier, this is the first time in 15 years that R&L did something like this.

No amount of insurance can substitute for the disappointment a buyer experiences when receiving a damaged item. A buyer has every right to fully expect a safely delivered shipment.

I will learn from this experience and make my future heavyweight shipments protected from top-load damage.

Brian, thanks for the kind words, I appreciate them.

Raphael

TinfoilPhono
Victor IV

Post by TinfoilPhono »

Ouch. That is truly painful to see.

billybobbojim
Victor O
Personal Text: Man Made It Man can Remake It.

Post by billybobbojim »

What are you going to do with the extremely damaged horn I could use it to repair my water damaged school house horn if you decide ti sell it

Let me know

Randy (602)487-7682