The Talking Machine Forum — For All Antique Phonographs & Recordings

It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: GOT ONE! REC'D ORIG BRASS TODAY! Edison Model "O" Reproducer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:18 pm 
Victor O
GOT ONE! I just received mine today--a MINT original "O" with the original Nickel Plated Brass Top. Sounds Great!

I am looking no longer looking for an Edison large carriage Model "O" turnover reproducer in good or rebuilt shape with the round weight and not the spade shaped one that was made lighter to put less weight on the Edison 2 minutes and wax 4-minues? Sold my brass one years ago and now I find that I need one. Thanks For being such a friendly group to a new member. Mark

P.S. Is anyone on the forum the one who has this "O" listed on EBAY. If so what would be your Forum Price?

Original Steel Edison 2/4 Min Reproducer Model O for Edison Phonograph.

Have just gotten an education on Edison Cylinder Reproducers on EDISONSHOP.COM

VERY HELPFUL TO A NOVICE.

Last edited by marco on Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: WANTED Edison Model "O" Reproducer.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:04 pm 
Victor O
marco wrote:
Does anyone have an Edison large carriage Model "O" turnover reproducer in good or rebuilt shape. Sold my brass one years ago and now I find that I need one. Thanks For being such a friendly group to a new member. Mark

Hello Mark,
I have a couple that have I have rebuilt with new gaskets. Pot-metal tops with the trowel weights. One domed top and one flat top. I am away until 08th Apr. Will send you pics then if you have not found one by then.

Herman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:00 pm 
Victor III
marco wrote:
Does anyone have an Edison large carriage Model "O" turnover reproducer in good or rebuilt shape. Sold my brass one years ago and now I find that I need one. Thanks For being such a friendly group to a new member. Mark

There is one on E Bay kinda pricey IMO ,but if you want it bad enough i can empathize with you .
not mine i don't know the seller but you can check out his feedback and see what others think of him.
Eric

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Steel ... raph/26351

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:23 pm 
Victor O
Herman wrote:
marco wrote:

Hello Mark,
I have a couple that have I have rebuilt with new gaskets. Pot-metal tops with the trowel weights. One domed top and one flat top. I am away until 08th Apr. Will send you pics then if you have not found one by then.

Herman

Thanks Herman!

I can wait. Will not pay EBAY prices for what I would end up getting. I have not been off the collecting grid so long that I would believe that they have gotten so "pricey." Feel free to PM me with photos and prices when you get home. Enjoy your vacation! Mark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:26 pm 
Victor O
ehs004 wrote:
marco wrote:

There is one on E Bay kinda pricey IMO ,but if you want it bad enough i can empathize with you .
not mine i don't know the seller but you can check out his feedback and see what others think of him.
Eric

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Steel ... raph/26351

Thanks, Eric!
I checked EBAY first and am just willing to wait for one less pricey. Sounds like Herman has a couple that I can wait for unless anybody else has one and wants to post or PM me. Mark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:47 pm 
Victor IV
There are two on eBay. One is an original steel body Model-O for $684.00 which is a fair price. The other is a rebuilt Model-O with a new steel top for 525.00 again a fair price for being rebuilt and the new steel top. I would say that the average price range is $400 to $600.

Rich Gordon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:11 pm 
Victor O
rgordon939 wrote:
There are two on eBay. One is an original steel body Model-O for $684.00 which is a fair price. The other is a rebuilt Model-O with a new steel top for 525.00 again a fair price for being rebuilt and the new steel top. I would say that the average price range is $400 to $600.

Rich Gordon

Thanks for your advice, Rich!

I am looking for the best way to play the rugged new 2 minute cylinders from Germany and the UK.

I have a rebuilt model B in a large carriage on a Home and was looking for something that would fit the same carriage with a 2 minute needle to switch out when I want to play those cylinders. My smaller model "K"'s sound too "tinny."

Is there another model reproducer that I don't know about? I thought that an "O" would be the only one.
Mark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:53 pm 
Victor IV
I would suggest either of two options. The Model-O which is the simplest, or a good playing Model-C and a Diamond B. My preference would be a Model-O with a steel top.

Rich Gordon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:05 pm 
Victor III
marco wrote:
rgordon939 wrote:

Rich Gordon

I am looking for the best way to play the rugged new 2 minute cylinders from Germany and the UK.

I have a rebuilt model B in a large carriage on a Home and was looking for something that would fit the same carriage with a 2 minute needle to switch out when I want to play those cylinders. My smaller model "K"'s sound too "tinny."

Is there another model reproducer that I don't know about? I thought that an "O" would be the only one.
Mark

What horn set up are you using?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:16 pm 
Victor O
ehs004 wrote:
marco wrote:
rgordon939 wrote:

Rich Gordon

Mark

What horn set up are you using?

For this application it is a Home 11 Panel Cygnet Horn.