FOUND: Wanted: Edison Home Phonograph

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
winduphere
Victor I

FOUND: Wanted: Edison Home Phonograph

Post by winduphere »

I'd like a nice Edison home Phonograph. Something that plays and looks nice.
Shipping is a must!
Last edited by winduphere on Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mormon S
Victor III
Personal Text:     Martin     "phono_fluff" on instagram

Re: Wanted: Edison Home Phonograph

Post by Mormon S »

There was one for sale a while ago. I dont know if you are interested in this shape, but take a look.

http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... 25#p224399

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

winduphere wrote:I'd like a nice Edison home Phonograph. Something that plays and looks nice.
Shipping is a must!
I'm not at home right now; but I have a later Edison Home with the Edison only decal. It is strictly a 2 minute machine with a good original model C reproducer, large straight aftermarket black horn with gold striping, a nice original finish and decal. Plays strong and quiet. Only repro part is the horn crane. I no longer use it because 2 minute records don't like me. I have shipped a lot of large items in the past; but the horn will take one of the largest shipping boxes allowed to make it to you undamaged. The machine and lid will be no problem to pack and ship safely. If any interest I can dig it out and post photos later. I don't keep up with market prices but would be open to offers from you or anyone. Best! Mark Roberts, OHIO

Herman
Victor II

Post by Herman »

winduphere wrote:I'd like a nice Edison home Phonograph. Something that plays and looks nice.
Shipping is a must!
Your profile shows Space Coast FL. Why not wait until the Orlando show in January. I am sure there will be lots of choices to choose from there.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Stephen Heatherley had one that was clean enough to eat off of--came with a 2/4 minute NOS attachment already installed and a huge horn and crane. If you could only have one Edison Home that could be a good choice.

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

VanEpsFan1914 wrote:Stephen Heatherley had one that was clean enough to eat off of--came with a 2/4 minute NOS attachment already installed and a huge horn and crane. If you could only have one Edison Home that could be a good choice.

winduphere
Victor I

Post by winduphere »

marco wrote:
Shipping is a must!
I'm not at home right now; but I have a later Edison Home with the Edison only decal. It is strictly a 2 minute machine with a good original model C reproducer, large straight aftermarket black horn with gold striping, a nice original finish and decal. Plays strong and quiet. Only repro part is the horn crane. I no longer use it because 2 minute records don't like me. I have shipped a lot of large items in the past; but the horn will take one of the largest shipping boxes allowed to make it to you undamaged. The machine and lid will be no problem to pack and ship safely. If any interest I can dig it out and post photos later. I don't keep up with market prices but would be open to offers from you or anyone. Best! Mark Roberts, OHIO
Pictures and details would be nice!

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

winduphere wrote:
marco wrote:
Shipping is a must!
Pictures and details would be nice!
The phonograph is stored in the main parlor of my 1880 Farmhouse; and it has always been inside. As a matter of fact--I purchased it with my paper route money at the age of 15 (I am 55 now). I think that I also have the same era home with a 2/4 conversion, models C and H reproducers and a Model "K" combination reproducer that may need rebuilt. I am going out of town before the crazy Christmas Holiday. If I can't get them out before I leave I'll photo what I can--If not, I will try to pull them and post photos of them when I get home Sorry for the delay--it's just that time of year. Thanks! Mark

NEFaurora
Victor IV
Personal Text: "A Phonograph in every home..."

Re: *** Found*** Wanted: Edison Home Phonograph

Post by NEFaurora »

"Your profile shows Space Coast FL. Why not wait until the Orlando show in January. I am sure there will be lots of choices to choose from there."

That would not be a bad idea for him...

I am on the Space Coast in Florida also... in Melbourne, FL...

If he sends me an e-mail at NEFaurora@aol.com ..... I may be able to help him out...with what he is looking for..

Tony K.

Edison Collector/Restorer

:o)