Still looking for Clarinet Concerto in A Major

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Tinkerbell
Victor III

Still looking for Clarinet Concerto in A Major

Post by Tinkerbell »

I posted this a few years back, but as there are new members now... it's possible one might be floating around.

I am looking to buy preferably VG+ copy of Mozart's Clarinet Concerto in A Major. I did see one on the Flea Bay, but at $45.00 for just the shipping alone from Denmark... well, let's just say that puts it out of my reach, even if it is graded as NM.

Just tossing it out there. :rose:

Orchorsol
Victor IV

Re: Still looking for Clarinet Concerto in A Major

Post by Orchorsol »

I'll keep a look out Tinkerbell, and when I can I'll look through my large pile of classical 78s I don't want - there's definitely a few dozen Mozarts in there and it might just be there - trouble is, that section's buried behind thousands of others at present! This was a huge lot which the library of the University where I work gave me (most of which I kept). Curiously there were many album sets which had been taken out of their albums (or possibly bought without albums?).

Shipping tends to be expensive from here in the UK too, unfortunately.

Andy
BCN thorn needles made to the original 1920s specifications: http://www.burmesecolourneedles.com

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe4DNb ... TPE-zTAJGg?

Frankia
Victor I

Post by Frankia »

I'll look through my large pile of classical 78s I don't want - This was a huge lot which the library of the University where I work gave me (most of which I kept). Curiously there were many album sets which had been taken out of their albums (or possibly bought without albums?).

I am interested in instrumental Classical 78s. Would you be willing to sell? I travel quite a bit from time to time and might be passing somewhere within striking distance, thus cutting out postage?

beaumonde
Victor III

Post by beaumonde »

If you just want the Mozart Clarinet Concerto, there are oodles of recordings out there on CD and LP. This piece really wasn't recorded much in the 78 era (mostly in the late '40s, when LPs were just arriving; a very few earlier, and uncommonly found these days -- I have never seen those by Charles Draper and Reginald Kell). In fact the earliest recording I have heard was issued on the Haydn Society in 1952, conducted by Mogens Woldike, with Louis Cahuzac. Maybe that was the one you saw, as it was recorded in Denmark, and I'm sure was simultaneously issued on shellac.
Adam

kirtley2012
Victor IV
Personal Text: Buyer of broken things

Post by kirtley2012 »

I have a mozart set but its not of this one im afraid!, 'ill keep a look out!

Tinkerbell
Victor III

Post by Tinkerbell »

Thank you, one and all.

I think I may have a line on the 1936 Kell recording, if I can work out the shipping details. Keeping my fingers crossed! :rose: