SEE VIDEO: FS - Clean post-WWII acoustic portable

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
blacknwhite
Victor Jr

SEE VIDEO: FS - Clean post-WWII acoustic portable

Post by blacknwhite »

Most folks on this forum probably won't be interested in this, looking at all the other For Sales, since this is nowhere near the rarity of other machines on here...

It's a post-WWII acoustic portable cheapie which are generally real common, but this one's CLEAN & presents nicely for what condition you usually find these in... So although the collectors on this forum are mostly seasoned pro's looking for more "serious" rare machines, incase anyone wants a "daily driver" or picnic player, or there are any new forum members looking for a starter player, with 6 mainly swing-band records included...

Video: (all records played in the video are included)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEnEjeVqHLg[/youtube]

eBay Set-Price-Sale (not auction) for phono + records, $125 plus shipping: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0941725687

Thanks for looking,
- Bob

briankeith
Victor IV
Personal Text: Jeepster

Re: SEE VIDEO: FS - Clean post-WWII acoustic portable

Post by briankeith »

I think these were Phonolas were all made by the Waters Conley Company in Rochester, Minn. They manufactured electic portables right into the early 1960's. I have the exact same unit as yours except in a pretty dark blue case which I bought off EBay in 2010. You're right though it about being a common cheaply made machine. I was the only bidder on mine and paid $59.00 plus $16.00 shipping from Florida to New Jersey. Mine also plays flawlessly but is cheaply made to say the least........

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Re: SEE VIDEO: FS - Clean post-WWII acoustic portable

Post by estott »

A bit of trivia: Waters Conley was the descendent Conley Camera Co. which made most of the cameras for Sears in the 1900, and also made at least some of the Silvertone phonographs.