Columbia Belt Material Needed

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Columbia Belt Material Needed

Post by Jerry B. »

Does anyone reproduce belt material similar to what was originally used on Columbia cylinder machines? Thanks, Jerry Blais

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special

Re: Columbia Belt Material Needed

Post by Jerry B. »

Has anyone had success repairing a cleanly broken Columbia belt?

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

Jerry B. wrote:Does anyone reproduce belt material similar to what was originally used on Columbia cylinder machines?
Jerry,

I probably can’t help you on this, but could you post a photo showing what the belt material on these machines looks like?

I’m not particularly knowledgeable with regards to Columbia cylinder machines, but if I can see a sample of the belt and you can describe whether it’s a rubber or some other material, I might be able to research it and find something for you.

If nothing else, at least I can try.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

need4art
Victor II
Personal Text: A man is not a man who does not make the world a better place

Post by need4art »

Hi,
If you are looking for correct width and type I purchased some from Ron Siko just a few months ago and it was spot on -give him a try.
Abe

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special

Post by Jerry B. »

Thanks, I'll try Ron. Jerry

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

I assume you are looking for the type of belt material that would have originally been on models such as the AO, BO, BF, BG, BQ etcetera). This was a bit wider, heavy leather with three or four rows of stitches sewn the lenght of the belt. Does Ron sell that or just something the right width?

I have an Ao with original belting. I could try to get a closeup pic if anyone is interested.

bruce

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

Valecnik wrote:I have an Ao with original belting. I could try to get a closeup pic if anyone is interested.
Bruce,

I think a photo of this would be a helpful thing to have on this thread if you feel willing and motivated to take a picture of it.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.