USlakeside
Victor III

Lakeside horn on ebay

Post by USlakeside »

i just listed a horn for a US Banner.
http://cgi.ebay.com/US-Lakeside-phonogr ... 240%3A1318

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Lakeside horn on ebay

Post by MordEth »

That should definitely be worth checking out for anyone who is looking for one, with the $5 starting bid.

— MordEth

[hr][/hr]
eBay Item #280329452159

US Lakeside phonograph horn RARE! Banner Model.

This is a US Lakeside Banner phonograph horn. You'll never see another! The horn is in great condition. There are a few tiny scratches, slight bends in the tips of petals, minor paint loss and dents, but overall there is no major folds, damage or repairs to the panels. It presents very nicely and will look fantastic polished up or waxed. The red arrow points to a patch with a tiny bit of rust. The end that fits into the elbow does have some dents, but this would not be visible when the horn in attached. It says Pat Oct 9, 1906 at the base of the horn. This is a very, very rare horn and in great shape. Ask questions before bidding. Good luck. International bidders must contact me in advance. The complete phonograph is just for reference. This auction is just for the horn.

Image Image
Image Image

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

I saw your horn. It looks VERY nice. If someone needs one they'd be foolish not to snap it up. One caution though, there are two mounting configurations for the Banner and the horns are not interchangeable. The other configuration includes a much larger elbow and twists on by sliding two bolts into slots on alternate sides of the elbow. I do not know which is earlier. Anyway the "earliest" configuration could only be a year or so older than the "last" configuration.

You can see pics of the larger elbow configuration on my website if interested.

USlakeside
Victor III

Post by USlakeside »

What's your website? Thanks.

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

It's in my signature. www.bojo.cz/phonograph.

Here's a link to a good picture of the horn and larger elbow. I think you will immediately see the difference in size.

http://bojo.cz/phonograph/Other%20Gramo ... dited.html