1 Last Machine - Oak Pathé Upright -Pickup or Wayne delivery

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

1 Last Machine - Oak Pathé Upright -Pickup or Wayne delivery

Post by brianu »

I don't want to sell this one, but it's one of the last few that I can force myself to let go before I move... an extremely nice oak Pathé upright... has the pivoting head to play standard lateral cut as well as vertical cut edison (with a diamond stylus) or Pathé (with a saphire stylus) records... this machine runs perfectly, the reproducer has been rebuilt and the oak cabinet retains its original finish and is in exceptional condition... as is the nickel plated hardware. this can be picked up from my place in southern NJ just outside of philadelphia PA, and within two hours of NYC, baltimore or washington DC, or I can deliver it to the antique phonograph show in wayne, NJ, this month. asking $400.

send me a message or email if interested. seriously, this is a really nice machine and you won't be disappointed.

brian
brianu73 at hotmail.com
Attachments
489.JPG
490.JPG
491.JPG
492.JPG
493.JPG
494.JPG

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Re: 1 Last Machine - Oak Pathé Upright -Pickup or Wayne delivery

Post by estott »

You should keep this one- it's much nicer than the average Pathé.

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Re: 1 Last Machine - Oak Pathé Upright -Pickup or Wayne delivery

Post by brianu »

estott wrote:You should keep this one- it's much nicer than the average Pathé.
I know, the problem is that I have about 40 other machines that I "should keep" as well... you know? I'm going from a large house with a huge garage and basement to a (most likely) two bedroom condo, so there has been massive downsizing and some tough decisions (to sell machines for space, and some pricier ones for extra money toward a downpayment)... about a year and a half ago I had more than 80 machines, I've sold about half in that time... the majority of those were "keepers" as well. it's tough seeing some of these go, particularly considering the likelihood that I'll find the same in the same condition again, but eh... I've let myself keep about 30, maybe 35 of them, and most of those are table models... I guess I'm also trying to avoid being too attached to such material things as well - I was on my way before to, and am glad that I'm headed in the opposite direction now from, that road of the potentially gluttonous "collector"/hoarder who just keeps accumulating and accumulating and accumulating to no end.

but ha, you're right, maybe I should keep this Pathé.