WANTED: Used Brass Ring Victor Exhibition Reproducer Flange

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Garret
Victor IV

WANTED: Used Brass Ring Victor Exhibition Reproducer Flange

Post by Garret »

Hello all!

I am looking for used Victor Exhibition reproducer rubber back flanges, especially the brass rings in them. A photo is below for an example of what I am looking for. If you have any please send me a private message or email: garret.girmus "at" gmail.com. I am looking for a couple of brass rings to have some new flanges made through Rocky Mountain Rubber for a couple of projects.

Best,

Garret

Henry
Victor V

Re: Wanted: Used Brass Ring Victor Exhibition Reproducer Fla

Post by Henry »

Garret, wish I could help you with the back flange project; I've only got one, and it's in use! However, I would be very interested to know your opinion of the Rocky Mtn. flanges when you get them.

BTW, I wonder how difficult it would be to make the brass rings out of thin-wall copper or brass tubing of suitable diameter? I measured ¾" O.D. on mine. Such tubing is often available at hobby shops that sell brass shapes. Here's a quick google: http://www.google.com/#q=brass+tubing+hobby

Here's another source: http://www.amazon.com/Brass-Round-Tubin ... B000H9LB02 . Should be able to make a lot of rings out of that (it's 24" L)! See also http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00564SIPE/ref=biss_dp_sa1

Of course, then you'd have to measure, drill, and solder in the "key," that little length of peg that locks into the goose neck. Not an impossible task if you have the tools.

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

Garret wrote:Hello all!

I am looking for used Victor Exhibition reproducer rubber back flanges, especially the brass rings in them. A photo is below for an example of what I am looking for. If you have any please send me a private message or email: garret.girmus "at" gmail.com. I am looking for a couple of brass rings to have some new flanges made through Rocky Mountain Rubber for a couple of projects.

Best,

Garret

Is Rocky Mountain Rubber still around? Their website seems to have gone missing, including the page with the Exhibition info.

Ripduf1
Victor III
Personal Text: HORNS ROLLED & STRAIGHTENED

Post by Ripduf1 »

Ron Sitko flanges are top notch and he "buys back" the old rings/flanges for reuse. Why go through the trouble waiting. I would just order a couple from Sitko.

John
Horns rolled and straightened

Garret
Victor IV

Post by Garret »

Ripduf1 wrote:Ron Sitko flanges are top notch and he "buys back" the old rings/flanges for reuse. Why go through the trouble waiting. I would just order a couple from Sitko.

John
I've found the Rocky Mountain Rubber isolators to be more pliable than Sitko's, and thus easier on records. I do appreciate the offer, however!

Best,

Garret

mattrx
Victor IV

Post by mattrx »

I recently contacted John Gubbins. It was my understanding that he ran Rocky Mtn Rubber. He stated he is no longer in business and said he had sold his last exhibition isolators recently. FYI

Matt