Victor Model 8-12X Baby Credenza

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
solophoneman
Victor II

Victor Model 8-12X Baby Credenza

Post by solophoneman »

Ok, now that it after the holidays. I am going to repost this great Victrola again. You all read my original details of it on our first Board site. But here to refresh your memory is the Video on You Tube. I am marking this down to the unheard of price of $275.00 for a quick sale, because frankly as I said before, I do not have the space for it. It has to go. So here is a nice 2009 early present for some deserving Collector. Email and come and get it, or arrange for shipping. First email gets it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oINRGIdc0Ps&NR=1

Bruce

I HAVE A BUYER FOR THE 8-12X SO IT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE HERE ON THE YANKEE TRADER!! THANKS TO ALL WHO INQUIRED.
Last edited by solophoneman on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Re: Victor Model 8-12X Baby Credenza

Post by estott »

I don't suppose you're located anyplace remotely near Albany NY.......

need4art
Victor II
Personal Text: A man is not a man who does not make the world a better place

Post by need4art »

Bruce,
If you will let me know your location I have a new shipper that I have worked with-if you have not sold this unit so I can find out what it will cost to get to AZ. Pics of top sides and front with doors closed would also be good. I do not remember is this a wind up or electric unit and what shape is the reproducer in-it sounded good Thx in advance Abe Feder-need4art

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

estott wrote:I don't suppose you're located anyplace remotely near Albany NY.......
Eric,

I forget exactly where solophoneman is, but he’s somewhere not too distant from where John and I live, and I plugged that into Google maps out of curiosity. Google informs me that Albany to Boston is 168 miles, or about 2 hours 50 minutes by car. I want to say that it might be another 20 miles to where he is, but I could be wrong. I think you are looking at a 3 hour drive (or perhaps a bit less, as I am sure that Google’s estimates are a bit conservative).

So if you were wanting to drive and pick up that machine, it’s definitely possible.

Hope this helps,

MordEth
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

solophoneman
Victor II

Post by solophoneman »

need4art wrote:Bruce,
If you will let me know your location I have a new shipper that I have worked with-if you have not sold this unit so I can find out what it will cost to get to AZ. Pics of top sides and front with doors closed would also be good. I do not remember is this a wind up or electric unit and what shape is the reproducer in-it sounded good Thx in advance Abe Feder-need4art

I will post the exact last details I put on Craigslist the last time I posted it there with the photos of the front. The top is exceptionally clean. I will be back with the address where you can see it. As for the reproducer, no it is not the early brass type, if it was this machine would not be selling for $275.00 !!! as those early brass ones usually sell for more then I am asking for the entire 8-12x!! It is the typical later pot metal type which usually plays better then it looks, in fact I recently had a tone test with a fellow collector who had a rebuilt pot metal reproducer and we could not tell the difference in the sound quality between my original and his reconditioned one. In any event I will be back.

solophoneman
Victor II

Post by solophoneman »

Ok, here is the post on Craigslist. I believe if no one comes forward to purchase this, I will donate it to a local Senior Center complete with 100 78's and a supply of needles. At least that way some old timers can enjoy it, and I can take a tax deduction for the donation. Believe me this is a very nice Victrola, it is not a common orthophonic, and it has a lot going for it, despite a few minor cosmetic flaws, which I have more then taken into consideration when you consider the price.

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/clt/994569130.html