Rare Bird Edison L-19 available for Orlando delivery SOLD!

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Moooperator
Victor I

Rare Bird Edison L-19 available for Orlando delivery SOLD!

Post by Moooperator »

SOLD GUYS! THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST!

This is a Edison Louis XIV Laboratory Model. Those who collect Edison know just how few these are still around. Jacobeans models are vary rare, and I have seen more of those than the L-19. I've actually only seen this one in person and the other in a photo of a collector. Introduced in 1919 with a European designed cabinet in a French grey or varnished walnut. This was such a slow mover that in 1922 their were 1550 cabinets on hand yet when it was withdrawn 5 years later in 1927 they still had 1408. That is just 142 machines plus the unknown number sold from 1919 to 1922. My guess is that 300 to 350 Louis XIV were ever made.

I have no idea what it is worth and I may have paid too much. So, I'm taking offers on the machine now through the 22nd. In time to pack it and bring to FL and it could be brought to UNION in June. I'll be glad to send you more photos and details... just PM me!

I will tell you the grille is a custom reproduction exactly like the grille found only on this machine, grille cloth and felt are new, there is a replace small board where the hinge attaches. I think the finish is just old and not stripped but I'll send closeups in photos. mechanically perfect with the original clean gunmetal finish metalworks.