Isham Jones: New CD on Rivermont Records

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
beaumonde
Victor III

Isham Jones: New CD on Rivermont Records

Post by beaumonde »

I had posted a link to this on the "other" Board back in November, I think, but thought I should re-advertise the CD, which features my own transfers of 78s from my collection, and with the booklet including full-color images of pertinent sheet music and other items. The notes were written by Rich Conaty (of The Big Broadcast fame).

The CD is entitled Song of the Blues, and has been released on my friend Bryan Wright's Rivermont Records label (he is also the executive producer of the disc).

You can hear tidbits of tracks and order the CD direct from his website: http://www.rivermontrecords.com, clicking on "New Releases". Alternatively you can order the CD from Amazon.com (search for the CD title), but I don't think it's any cheaper.

A lot of work has gone into this release....We also tried not to duplicate more than a few tracks from other Isham Jones releases (not that there are that many). And I hope that you might find the transfer quality better than most. :ugeek:
Adam

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Isham Jones: New CD on Rivermont Records

Post by MordEth »

beaumonde wrote:A lot of work has gone into this release....We also tried not to duplicate more than a few tracks from other Isham Jones releases (not that there are that many). And I hope that you might find the transfer quality better than most. :ugeek:
Having gotten to listen to a copy of this (and quite a few of beaumonde’s other transfers, which he has graciously provided to me and to others), I can attest to the quality of the CD (and the liner notes and packaging are superbly done, as well). The sheet music cover that I previously posted (of “The Cat”) can be seen among the liner notes.

Hopefully people who might not otherwise get to enjoy these Isham Jones songs will be able to enjoy them; I’m very impressed with the quality of Rivermont Records’s work. It’s definitely worth having if you’d like to have some of this music on CD.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.