machines for sale - in New Jersey

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

machines for sale - in New Jersey

Post by brianu »

I've still got a few machines left that I'd rather sell than put into storage after I move...

interesting and scarce british tabletop phonograph, a vesper, in a weathered oak cabintet... about the size of a VV-IX but more box-like, and designed to operate like a revere, placed in the corner of a room with the horn directed at the wall to reflect the sound back out into the room (reproducer and motor rebuilt, operates extremely well), $275

victor VV-4-3 in mahogany cabinet, great orthophonic machine with a big sound in a compact package (ortho motor and reproducer rebuilt, horn sealed), $400

oak victor VV-IX in matching slip-in record cabinet/stand (all original, exceptional condition, exhibition reproducer rebuilt, motor cleaned), $475

early victor VV-X tabletop model in mahogany cabinet with bullet brake (excellent condition but for some crackling to the finish in a corner of the lid... exhibition reproducer rebuilt, motor cleaned), $475

oak victor VV-VI in matching Lundstrom cabinet (one of the nicest set-ups I've seen or owned, all original and virtually flawless... exhibition reproducer and motor rebuilt - the crank even has the proper extension piece for proper use when installed in the cabinet), $500

rare oversized aeolian-vocalion in walnut jacobean style cabinet... largest aeolian I've seen, bigger than a victor XVI, this very machine was shown in fabrizio/paul's discovering antique phonographs (reproducer rebuilt, all gimmicks function as they should - volunome volume control, semi-auto-start/stop feature)... unsure of price, but any reasonable offer

edison upright L-19/Louis XIV, walnut cabinet... pretty scarce model of which very few were made (another one was recently sold on another board... http://edisonphonos.proboards.com/index ... thread=704 )... this one was purchased as a minor project, so is not living-room-ready... no reproducer, but motor runs just fine and machine is otherwise complete... the finish shows wear here and there and the cabinet as a whole will need the clean-up, but there is no major damage (in terms of veneer, major chips, etc.).... unsure of price on this one too, but any reasonable offer (really... like I said, I'd much rather sell these than put them into storage when I move).

I have some other machines as well to sell. and I have photos of most. if you're interested, send me a message or an email. they're located at my place (which will hopefully soon belong to someone else) in southern NJ near philadelphia.

brian
brianu73 at hotmail.com

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Re: machines for sale - in New Jersey

Post by brianu »

the VV-4-3 and the tabletop VV-X are both sold.

the edison L-19 is on ebay now, along with an edison BC-34.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/brianu_W0 ... omZQQ_ipgZ

brian