FOR SALE: Talking Machine World 1905-1915 Reprints - INQUIRE

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
FloridaClay
Victor VI

Re: FOR SALE: Talking Machine World 1905-1915 Reprints - INQ

Post by FloridaClay »

Mine are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Clay
Arthur W. J. G. Ord-Hume's Laws of Collecting
1. Space will expand to accommodate an infinite number of possessions, regardless of their size.
2. Shortage of finance, however dire, will never prevent the acquisition of a desired object, however improbable its cost.

yankmycrank
Victor I

Post by yankmycrank »

Mine arrived today. Opened the first box, and am mightily impressed by what I've seen so far. Great work on an estimable project!

Dave
Victor II
Personal Text: Gramophonist

Post by Dave »

Hi Benjamin... wanted to let you know my set arrived today safe and sound and to say how very impressed I am with the quality of your work.
This is an absolute must have for any serious collector and well worth the cost.
Thanks so much for all your effort in realizing this important addition to the hobby.

Dave
Victor II
Personal Text: Gramophonist

Post by Dave »

benjamin,
I didnt receive the box containing volumes 6,7&8 in the shipment I got today.
PM sent.

benjaminh
Victor II

Post by benjaminh »

Dave,
The one package containing those volumes is just slightly delayed in the mail; it should be there early next week. I've PM'ed you the tracking #.

Glad you all are enjoying your books!

Benjamin

Phonolair
Victor III

Post by Phonolair »

Hi Benjamin

Books arrived well packed and in good shape. I really like the heavy gloss covers. Nothing like having real books for the phono library to look through and research.
And as others have said, great job and thanks. I recommend anyone interested in windup phonographs and accessories to consider these books.

Larry Crandell

Steve Levi
Victor II

Post by Steve Levi »

Received mine today. Couldn't agree more with comments from others. I am simply AMAZED! Books far exceed my expectation. Thanks for offering here on the forum. Again, many, many thanks! Steve Levi

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

Mine arrived also, terrific as expected!

Thanks!

Sean

TinfoilPhono
Victor IV

Post by TinfoilPhono »

Time for me to add my voice to the chorus singing the praises of this amazing set of books! I've only had a chance to skim them but from what I see the quality is excellent. I'm looking forward to many winter nights of reading.

The packing was also incredible. My only problem was finding 16" of shelf space to fit them. That took some juggling, but it was worth it.

Thanks so much, Benjamin! You really did the collecting community a service with this project, and it clearly took you a lot of time. I appreciate it.

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

I'll agree with you all once again, I'm very happy with these books. I'm also very pleased that when I identified defects in two of the volumes, Benjamin immediately offered to correct the problem!

I've barely scratched the surface of this material yet but a few things I have noticed:
- The seeming dominance of Victor throughout, monopolizing most of the covers and lots of space in each issue.
- Perception Edison is loosing market share, somewhat based on the above, although seemingly mounting a blitz with the arrival of the Diamond Disc.
- So many cabinets, so many devices I've seen at shows or on eBAY that I now can link to a date and selling price. :D