FOR SALE Nickel Victor Improved Concert, $250

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
gramophone-georg
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

FOR SALE Nickel Victor Improved Concert, $250

Post by gramophone-georg »

Here's a nice nickel Victor Improved Concert reproducer, S/N 3357. The original nickel plate is very nice. Some time ago, I disassembled this Improved Concert and soda blasted the brass parts, painted them black, polished the mica with automotive grade soft plastic polish, and replaced the gasket material. Thus, it's nicely detailed and worthy of a home on a nice machine.

The Improved Concert was introduced in 1912 as an upgrade to the Exhibition, and was offered until the Victrola No. 2 hit the market in 1917. I may be mistaken, but if memory serves the Improved Concert was a standalone upgrade; e.g., I don't think any Victor machine came with one as original equipment.

This one sounds great, but is limited by its design- no adjustable needlebar springs and no rubber isolator mounting flange. Even though the diaphragm is the same size as a Vic No. 2, the No. 2 has the adjustable springs and the isolator, and thus had improved fidelity over the Exhibition. The Concert was mainly for improved volume, and this one sure seems to deliver that- without distortion or rattle. What may appear to be small worn spots in the plating are tricks of the camera.

The main attractions here are rarity and condition, and I believe this is priced fairly at $250... but again, I'm always open to offers and will guarantee your satisfaction or I'll buy it back including shipping both ways.
Attachments
Victor Improved Concert-4.JPG
Victor Improved Concert-3.JPG
Victor Improved Concert-2.JPG
Victor Improved Concert-1.JPG
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

gramophone-georg
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Re: FOR SALE Nickel Victor Improved Concert, $250

Post by gramophone-georg »

Still available. If no reasonable offers soon it will go on a machine that will go on the block. :D
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek