SOLD: COLUMBIA BC GRAPHOPHONE - PLAYS LOUD! - INQUIRE

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
phonohound
Victor II

SOLD: COLUMBIA BC GRAPHOPHONE - PLAYS LOUD! - INQUIRE

Post by phonohound »

For sale is an all original Columbia BC Graphophone with Higham reproducer from my personal collection. This machine is the first version and is cosmetically excellent. It is a 2 minute machine and was designed to play the standard 4" cylinders as well as Columbia's 6" records. As is the case with this model, the front decal shows some crackling and there is some wear to the stenciling, but this machine is much better than most. The rear decal is excellent. The wood finish is excellent and the nickel plating is gorgeous. There is some wear to the mandrel.

The horn that comes with this Graphophone is an original Victor horn that was nickel plated, which is how I received it. The horn looks great and simulates Columbia's ad.

This example is unique in that is plays extremely loud and is unrestored. The vast majority of this BCs do not play properly and may sound only as loud as an Edison with a Model C reproducer.

I will not ship as this machine weighs about 55 lbs, but it can be brought to the Union show an no charge or we may be able to work something else out. IL. If interested, please contact me for arrangements.

Scott
Attachments
talkingmachinew02bill_0065.jpg
IMG_6672.JPG
IMG_6673.JPG
IMG_6674.JPG
IMG_6675.JPG
IMG_6676.JPG
IMG_6678.JPG
IMG_6673.JPG
IMG_6680.JPG
IMG_6670.JPG

phonohound
Victor II

Re: FOR SALE: COLUMBIA BC GRAPHOPHONE - PLAYS LOUD! - INQUIR

Post by phonohound »

Machine is still available.

Thanks

Scott

phonohound
Victor II

Post by phonohound »

If anyone is looking for a model BC, this one really is an awesome example. If I can answer any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks

Scott

phonohound
Victor II

Post by phonohound »

Phonograph has been sold. Thanks!