SOLD: Sears Columbia Eagle Model B LOW Serial # - $500

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Crank_it_up
Victor III

SOLD: Sears Columbia Eagle Model B LOW Serial # - $500

Post by Crank_it_up »

I am offering a Columbia Model B with a very low serial number of 80667 with the Sears Roebuck tag on the lid. Since serial numbers began at 80000 this was the 667th Model B made out of the roughly 150,000 sold. Although this is not the earliest Model B to exist it may very well be the earliest Model B sold through Sears Roebuck. Its overall condition is very good and shows very well. The lid/cover shows a very minor veneer issue on one end. The decal shows some wear but is still bright. The plating on the key, which is a giveaway to the amount of use it has had, is very good. Plating on all frame parts and mandrel are very good. Note there is not a mandrel tag on the end. I have shown a close-up of it, is it possible the early machines didn't come with one? I have seen many that are missing but shows signs of one present at some time. This looks like nothing was ever there, but I am not claiming that as a fact. Maybe someone can chime in. The reproducer body is great but could use a new diaphragm. Stylus is fine. Motor easily plays through with an occasional spring thump. In summary $500 may sound like a lot for an Eagle, but this one is pretty special. It does not come with a horn. thanks for looking. Shipping will be actual cost and payment will be personal check or money order.
Joe Filer
Attachments
IMG_0266.JPG
IMG_0256.JPG
IMG_0257.JPG
IMG_0259.JPG
IMG_0260.JPG
IMG_0261.JPG
IMG_0255.JPG
IMG_0263.JPG
Last edited by Crank_it_up on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crank_it_up
Victor III

Re: FOR SALE: Sears Columbia Eagle Model B LOW Serial # - $5

Post by Crank_it_up »

I forgot the picture of the mandrel. I have several more pictures and can take any detail that you may want to see, just PM me and I will post it.
thanks, Joe
Attachments
IMG_0341.JPG

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: FOR SALE: Sears Columbia Eagle Model B LOW Serial # - $5

Post by phonogfp »

B Graphophones numbered below approx. 145000 never had mandrel tags.

George P.

Crank_it_up
Victor III

Re: SOLD: Sears Columbia Eagle Model B LOW Serial # - $500

Post by Crank_it_up »

George, thanks for the info.
The Eagle has been sold.