WANTED: Edison Concert & Columbia Grand 5" Cylinders

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
FellowCollector
Victor IV

WANTED: Edison Concert & Columbia Grand 5" Cylinders

Post by FellowCollector »

I'm interested in adding some more 5" Edison Concert cylinders or 5" Columbia Grand cylinders in good playing condition to my collection. If you have one or more of these cylinders to sell please send me a PM with title/artist (if known), pictures and pricing. I have many interesting trade items also if you prefer trading.

Thanks.
Doug

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Re: WANTED: Edison Concert & Columbia Grand 5" Cylinders

Post by Valecnik »

Do you know about Paul Morris? He's offering several re-recordings on 5 inch wax cylinders. They sould excellent. Of course they are not original but a fraction of the price of an original in good condition.

FellowCollector
Victor IV

Post by FellowCollector »

Valecnik wrote:Do you know about Paul Morris? He's offering several re-recordings on 5 inch wax cylinders.
Thanks for your considerate and helpful input, Bruce. I presumed that Paul had, unfortunately, lost all of his Concert cylinders as well as the Concert re-recordings in the tragic fire recently. I didn't feel comfortable inquiring about them in light of that.

Doug

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

FellowCollector wrote:
Valecnik wrote:Do you know about Paul Morris? He's offering several re-recordings on 5 inch wax cylinders.
Thanks for your considerate and helpful input, Bruce. I presumed that Paul had, unfortunately, lost all of his Concert cylinders as well as the Concert re-recordings in the tragic fire recently. I didn't feel comfortable inquiring about them in light of that.

Doug
Hi Doug,

You are correct that he's lost all of his stock, all of his equipment and the workshop too but he's rebuilding and will again be offering cylinders for sale. I don't know when he'll start taking orders again but I think relatively soon.