FOR SALE: Edison LONG PLAY Phonograph Parts - Various

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
FellowCollector
Victor IV

FOR SALE: Edison LONG PLAY Phonograph Parts - Various

Post by FellowCollector »

I have been cleaning up our garage over the last month or more and have uncovered some interesting and hard to find phonographs, phonograph parts and early records that I'd squirreled away long ago and (mostly) forgotten about until the cleanup. :)

The following parts are from a complete Edison Long Play model 2C that was missing its grille and had a slightly rough exterior finish. I looked for years for an original grille and finally decided to heck with it and am parting it out. All parts are original and in generally very nice condition. Prices are marked. USPS actual shipping cost will be extra. Payment by check, Paypal friends option or money order are accepted. Send me a PM with interest. Combined shipping on multiple items to one buyer.

1. (Sold!) Edison Gunmetal finish Edisonic Reproducer (stylus looks great) $165
2. (Sold!) Edison Gunmetal dual Reproducer Holder (Stanchion) $125
3. Edison 10 inch / 12 inch spring-loaded reproducer positional selector assembly $25
4. Edison Long Play Escutcheon and screws $15
5. Edison Gunmetal Long Play Phonograph crank $40
6. Edison Long Play model 2C (Serial #574) ID plate and screws $10

Hoping to list more parts and maybe some hard to find records as well too.

Thanks,
Doug
Attachments
IMG_0908.JPG
IMG_0910.JPG
IMG_0915.JPG
IMG_0920.JPG
IMG_0918.JPG
IMG_0917.JPG
Last edited by FellowCollector on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Re: FOR SALE: Edison LONG PLAY Phonograph Parts - Various

Post by marcapra »

Interested in 1. Edisonic rep. and 3. dual rep. holder. PM sent.

PeterF
Victor IV

save the giblets

Post by PeterF »

C'mon, man, at least pull the easy/small hardware bits - hinges, knobs, castors, locks, even the gold screws - off before you toss the cabinets. The key escutcheon on the C-250 is the obvious example in the photo.

Tpapp54321
Victor II

Re: save the giblets

Post by Tpapp54321 »

PeterF wrote:C'mon, man, at least pull the easy/small hardware bits - hinges, knobs, castors, locks, even the gold screws - off before you toss the cabinets. The key escutcheon on the C-250 is the obvious example in the photo.
Agreed, if anything is still salvageable from that cabinet send me a PM. I could use a cabinet upgrade for my C-250 which is in pretty rough shape. Or even just the front door with hardware.
-Tom

drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Post by drh »

I've tried to send you a PM about the 10-12 selector, but it seems to have hung in my outbox. Will the thing work with a C-250? If so, please put me down for it.

PeterF
Victor IV

Post by PeterF »

Be sure that the bent flat metal finger, which mounts to the edge of the horn, is included. It's the thing which makes it all work. Not showing in the photo so what if it got dumpsterized?

FellowCollector
Victor IV

Post by FellowCollector »

[removed by author]

EdisonWizard
Victor III

Post by EdisonWizard »

im curious. how can you tell if your machine is set up for LP? mine came with a reproducer which I sold, and it does have the selector on it. But I know nothing of LP machines.
J.F.

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

EdisonWizard wrote:im curious. how can you tell if your machine is set up for LP? mine came with a reproducer which I sold, and it does have the selector on it. But I know nothing of LP machines.
If you have the long/short selector, it's a pretty safe bet you have LP installed. To be sure, take a look at the feed screw and rack. On the standard motor, the feed screw is just a narrow wheel on a spindle. If long play is installed, this is replaced by a cluster of gears and something that looks kind of like a C-clamp.

There are pictures of the long play gearing here:
http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... ay+gearing

EdisonWizard
Victor III

Post by EdisonWizard »

52089 wrote:
EdisonWizard wrote:im curious. how can you tell if your machine is set up for LP? mine came with a reproducer which I sold, and it does have the selector on it. But I know nothing of LP machines.
If you have the long/short selector, it's a pretty safe bet you have LP installed. To be sure, take a look at the feed screw and rack. On the standard motor, the feed screw is just a narrow wheel on a spindle. If long play is installed, this is replaced by a cluster of gears and something that looks kind of like a C-clamp.

There are pictures of the long play gearing here:
http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... ay+gearing
Very interesting. Is this a common thing? I'm going to check it out as soon as I get home. Now I feel silly for selling my LP reproducer! Haha the machine is a Sheraton 19
J.F.