FOR SALE: Phonographs Books at the APS Expo: Various

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

FOR SALE: Phonographs Books at the APS Expo: Various

Post by phonogfp »

The Antique Phonograph Society still has a few sets (10) of the 4-volume Charles Gregory books on Edison Disc Records. Originally published for $200, the APS is offering these spiral-bound sets at the Expo on August 12-13 for only $40 for APS members or $70 for non-members. (If you do the math, you'll see that U.S. collectors can thus join the APS for free!)
BooksGregory.jpg
BooksGregory.jpg (77.97 KiB) Viewed 1532 times
Also at the APS Expo, the APS is offering the Robin & Joan Rolfs book, Phonograph Dolls and Toys, for the deeply discounted price of only $5!
BookRolfs.jpg
BookRolfs.jpg (98.58 KiB) Viewed 1532 times
To be sure we bring enough copies of each book, please let us know if you'd like to pick up a book(s) at the Expo. The best way to do this is through the "Contact Us" page on the APS web site:

http://www.antiquephono.org/contact-us/

Be sure to indicate the title(s) you plan to purchase, and your name (we'll reserve it for you).

Only 3 weeks away!

George P.

JAR
Victor II

Re: FOR SALE: Phonographs Books at the APS Expo: Various

Post by JAR »

How do we join for free?

JAR

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

JAR wrote:How do we join for free?

JAR
Since the Gregory books are $70 for non-members, but only $40 for members, just pay the non-member price and - voila - you can be a member for free...because we'll apply the $30 to your membership...then you get the member price...

Okay - maybe humor isn't my strong suit.

George P.

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

I have the 4 volume Edison set. The price is a bargain for that set. I remember when they were selling for $200.00 a set.
Harvey Kravitz

BwanaJoe
Victor II

Post by BwanaJoe »

Are sets still avaiable?

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special

Post by phonogfp »

Joe,
I sent you a PM on October 19 in response to your query. It said:

Hi Joe,

I just checked and there are 5 or 6 sets out in California (I'm in New York). For APS members, they're $40 + shipping a set, and $70 + shipping for non-members. Obviously, you can join up when ordering a set and your membership is basically free.

If you're interested, just send an email from the "Contact Us" page on the APS web site, and include your zip code so shipping can be calculated. Here's the "Contact Us" page:

https://www.antiquephono.org/contact-us/

Best,
George