FOR SALE: phono leather belt in 7/32 and 5/16 widths!

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
MicaMonster
Victor III
Personal Text: Never Settled

FOR SALE: phono leather belt in 7/32 and 5/16 widths!

Post by MicaMonster »

Because of multiple, MULTIPLE requests for 5/16" and a few for ⅜" belting I have sourced the correct leather hide to produce more, in limited supply. Like before, all belting has a sharp 90*degree edge, is cut and mended STRAIGHT, so it does not have a radius (curve) to it, and the underside of the belting is not fuzzy....it is flat and as nice as you could ever want. I have an instructive installation video on YouTube which I can direct you to on how to mend leather cylidner phonograph belts. Additionally, fellow Forum member Ken Brekke (Phono-Phan) has jigs available for sale that assisting in getting the perfect cut angle for the ends of the belt. Contact him for the jigs, contact me for the belting!

Here are the three sizes available, their applications, and availability:

7/32" width. This is ideal for Edison Class M, Edison Standard, Triumph, Home, and GEM. In addition, it works superbly on little Graphophone Eagle (Type B), and Type Q. Also works well on small foreign cylinder style machines as well. I keep a fair stock of this. $2 per foot.

5/16" width. This is ideal for mid-sized Graphophone cylinder machines that require a wider belt. This is a special width that I only make after enough requests come in. Runs straight and true. Limited supply (less than 130 feet). $2.25 per foot.

⅜" width. This is ideal for the BIG Graphophones like the Grand Graphophone, Higham Amplified BC, and Type C "Commercial" machines, and others. Also very usable on electric cylinder shaving machines made by Edison and Columbia, including the later electric EDIPHONE and DICTAPHONE shaving machines. Measure the amount you need on your machine so you are sure to get a sufficient amount. There is approximately 15 feet of this left as I made this specific at the request of two collectors. $3 per foot.

Belting is light weight, so it ships for $4, any quantity. Please Private Message me your needs and your COMPLEAT delivery address. I will provide you with a complete price with shipping at that time. Check In the Mail, or PayPal Friends & Family accepted.
Attachments
image.jpeg
Last edited by MicaMonster on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Antique Phonograph Reproducer Restorer-
http://www.EdisonDiamondDisc.com
Taming Orthophonics Daily!

hearsedriver
Victor III

Re: FOR SALE: phono leather belt in 7/32, 5/16, and ⅜ widths

Post by hearsedriver »

I'll take 3 feet of the ⅜" and 2 feet of the 5/16".

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

I'll repeat what I said before in other threads. It's the best belt material that I ever used. Great job, Wyatt.
Harvey Kravitz

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

Got mine today, thanks, Wyatt, for great stuff combined with fast, professional service!

Raphael

MicaMonster
Victor III

Post by MicaMonster »

Raphael, you are most welcome!

NOTE: ⅜" is sold out. I have plenty of 7/32", and a very limited amount of 5/16" left.

MicaMonster
Victor III

Re: FOR SALE: phono leather belt in 7/32 and 5/16 widths!

Post by MicaMonster »

I’m bumping this thread. I have quite a bit of 7/32 inch left, and maybe 25 feet of 5/16 inch left

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: FOR SALE: phono leather belt in 7/32 and 5/16 widths!

Post by Jerry B. »

Wyatt's belt material is the best. I co-purchased a small collection of machines that needed attention. I've made belts for a half dozen machines in the last month with great results.

Jerry Blais