FOR SALE: APS SHOW, Cylinder/restoration restoration-VARIOUS

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
cyldoc
Victor Jr

FOR SALE: APS SHOW, Cylinder/restoration restoration-VARIOUS

Post by cyldoc »

Cylinder Doctor will be set up at the APS show In Buena Park CA, on August 12-13 to restore broken and pitted treasured wax cylinders as well as tuning, restoring and re-waxing your Columbia floating and Edison cyl reproducers, Victor Concert and Exhibition sound boxes and others, for crisp, beautiful, and sonorious reproduction.....while you shop. In many cases, the volume and clarity are a revelation.
Bring parts such as needed mica for reproducer restoration as required. I'll supply gaskets, specialty waxes, etc. Will quote.
See you soon!

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Re: FOR SALE: APS SHOW, Cylinder/restoration restoration-VAR

Post by marcapra »

Ok, Mike, I've got a rare Edison Grand Opera cylinder on 4 min. wax. It is a great basso and I don't want to lose it. It is still intact and plays with a tick. The crack runs the length of the cylinder.

WDC
Victor IV

Post by WDC »

Mike, you are a true master of your art. A couple years ago you restored a badly damaged Shackleton cylinder for a good friend of mine. It even had a missing part were multiple cracks were joining. Now it is playable again, without the slightest skip. Every time I see this cylinder I am still equally struck with awe.

edisonphonoworks
Victor IV
Personal Text: A new blank with authentic formula and spiral core!

Post by edisonphonoworks »

I have watched him at work truly remarkable. I have been able to make new cylinders, but never had luck putting broken ones together. Many thank and I always send people your way with broken cylinders.