SOLD: OLE MAN MOES - EDDIE DUCHIN 78 - $12.00

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Shawn
Victor IV
Personal Text: Its only Fun, when we're all having Fun!

SOLD: OLE MAN MOES - EDDIE DUCHIN 78 - $12.00

Post by Shawn »

Over the next few weeks, I will be posting some items from my personal collection. These are harder-to-find items, in truly wonderful condition. Keep your eyes posted to here for more!!!

For sale today is a great disk 78 record. It is a very nice copy of Ole Man Mose.

Eddie Duchin's 1938 release of the Louis Armstrong song "Ol' Man Mose" (Brunswick Records 8155) with vocal by Patricia Norman caused a scandal at the time with the lyric "bucket" being heard as "f-word (I use f-word, but in the song it sounds like what f-word represents) it." Some listeners conclude that there is no vulgarism uttered, while others are convinced that Norman does say "f-word" (which would explain one of the band members laughing delightedly after Norman seems to chirp, "Awww, f-word it... f-word-f-word-f-word it!").

The "scandalous" lyrics caused the record to zoom to #2 on the Billboard charts. The song was banned after its release in Great Britain.

The price is $12.00 Shipping is additional. I can deliver to Stanton's in the fall. No PayPal, but checks are fine.

Please contact me with interest or questions, additional pictures at MShawnORourke@gmail.com

Thank you

Shawn
Attachments
DSC_0001.JPG
Last edited by Shawn on Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Subscribe to my music and phonograph videos at https://www.youtube.com/@Shawn_O_Phonograph

BusyBeeCylinder
Victor I

Re: FOR SALE: OLE MAN MOES - EDDIE DUCHIN 78 - $12.00

Post by BusyBeeCylinder »

consider sold! PM Sent.