FOR SALE: EDISON EDISONIC BEETHOVEN - $1450

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
marco
Victor II

Re: FOR SALE: EDISON EDISONIC BEETHOVEN - $1450

Post by marco »

52089 wrote:
DENPHONOQ wrote:Thanks for your interest Mark. To clear up any confusion, I purchased the replacement spring motors from Kevin Santry from this Forum here and had them put in. They were the exact replacements. I still have the original ones that came out of the Beethoven.
Thanks;
Dennis
Just to be clear, he bought the springs and spring barrels from me, not the "spring motors". The replacement springs and barrels came from another Edison machine, so they are original Edison parts.
Not to be pedantic; but are the springs and barrels correct to the era of this machine since the machine was produced for so little time?

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

marco wrote:
52089 wrote:
DENPHONOQ wrote:Thanks for your interest Mark. To clear up any confusion, I purchased the replacement spring motors from Kevin Santry from this Forum here and had them put in. They were the exact replacements. I still have the original ones that came out of the Beethoven.
Thanks;
Dennis
Just to be clear, he bought the springs and spring barrels from me, not the "spring motors". The replacement springs and barrels came from another Edison machine, so they are original Edison parts.
Not to be pedantic; but are the springs and barrels correct to the era of this machine since the machine was produced for so little time?
Once Edison standardized on the "type B" Diamond Disc motor, it was in use, with minor variations, until the end of machine production.

Could there be differences between say, a 1915 spring barrel and a 1925 spring barrel? Possibly very minor ones, but since they would still be completely interchangeable, does it really matter?

Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Post by Vinrage_mania »

Boy if everyone starts looking at “changed parts” only a small percentage of machines will be authentic......just sayin :)

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

Vinrage_mania wrote:Boy if everyone starts looking at “changed parts” only a small percentage of machines will be authentic......just sayin :)
I feel your "rage" about my inquiries, VIN! I'm "just sayin" that, with a rarer item I would like everything to be all original and that's what I will base my offer on for it. I am not nearly as "anal" about common machines or parts for my jukebox collection. It is my constitutional "rite" to "Kick" as many "Tires" that I want to before making a purchase. The more questions I ask, the less likely I am to be disappointed when I get an item. As my mother used to say--get outside once in a while and "get the stink blown off of you" instead of sitting at your computer letting that "VinRAGE" get to you.......just sayin :D :lol: :roll:

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

marco wrote:
Vinrage_mania wrote:Boy if everyone starts looking at “changed parts” only a small percentage of machines will be authentic......just sayin :)
I feel your "rage" about my inquiries, VIN! I'm "just sayin" that, with a rarer item I would like everything to be all original and that's what I will base my offer on for it. I am not nearly as "anal" about common machines or parts for my jukebox collection. It is my constitutional "rite" to "Kick" as many "Tires" that I want to before making a purchase. The more questions I ask, the less likely I am to be disappointed when I get an item. As my mother used to say--get outside once in a while and "get the stink blown off of you" instead of sitting at your computer letting that "VinRAGE" get to you.......just sayin :D :lol: :roll:
Dude. Seriously? :shock:
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

gramophone-georg wrote:
marco wrote:
I "Seriously" take offense when someone makes a rude or sarcastic comment that does not serve any purpose when I am only trying to gather information. :|

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

marco wrote:
gramophone-georg wrote:
I "Seriously" take offense when someone makes a rude or sarcastic comment that does not serve any purpose when I am only trying to gather information. :|
It was a statement of fact as I read it... I think you're WAY overreacting to something you're imagining, actually.

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

:mrgreen:
gramophone-georg wrote:
marco wrote:
gramophone-georg wrote:
Stick to the subject at hand. The original posts over the last year were for the seller to find a value; whether or not to fix the phono and to try to sell it on this forum. I merely asked clarification as to what kind of motor repair was done and see no need to defend myself further. Comments should be withheld unless they apply specifically to the item being offered. Fortunately there are a few nice guys who came forward and provided all of the information I needed via post and PM. :roll:

Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Post by Vinrage_mania »

Wow! marco

While all your points are valid ,and not anil at all from a practical standpoint

I think you are reading too much into my statment that a high percentage of machines have at least ONE replacement part
Thats all I met ....no rage no taunting nothing more ..,

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

marco wrote:
Stick to the subject at hand. The original posts over the last year were for the seller to find a value; whether or not to fix the phono and to try to sell it on this forum. I merely asked clarification as to what kind of motor repair was done and see no need to defend myself further. Comments should be withheld unless they apply specifically to the item being offered. Fortunately there are a few nice guys who came forward and provided all of the information I needed via post and PM. :roll:
Excellent advice. Had you followed it we wouldn't be here. ;)