WANTED: leather handle for VV-2-60

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
hexaphone
Victor II

WANTED: leather handle for VV-2-60

Post by hexaphone »

Looking for a handle for my VV-2-60. Anyone have something ? Or recommend a source?

Thanks

Ron

Phono48
Victor IV

Re: WANTED: leather handle for VV-2-60

Post by Phono48 »

If I'm not mistaken, isn't a VV 2-60 a floor-standing console machine? If so, surely it doesn't have a leather handle???

Barry

Henry
Victor V

Post by Henry »

hexaphone
Victor II

Post by hexaphone »

Barry, I think you may be thinking of the VV-260 which was a console model. A link was provided to the model I am referring to which is the 2-60. This is a Victor portable model. Again, mine is missing the handle as they usually do. I'm just OCD enough to want to replace it knowing its not necessarily required to operate the VV, but completes the picture :)

Thanks all!

Ron

OrthoFan
Victor V

Post by OrthoFan »

I've never seen an exact match for the portable Victrola models, which doesn't mean they're not out there. Most likely it would be a part culled from a junker model.

If you just want to make it portable again, there are a number of vendors who sell replacement handles for vintage/antique suitcases, for instance -- https://www.brettunsvillage.com/trunks/ ... schandles/

(You can find others by doing a search for: handle suitcase antique OR vintage )

OrthoFan

MarkELynch
Victor II

Re: WANTED: leather handle for VV-2-60i

Post by MarkELynch »

Hi Ron,

I can help you with a replacement case handle.

I have a few US made genuine black leather handles available. I’ve sent out many of them to collectors primarily for antique musical instruments and they work well on portable Victrolas as well. The handle length is 5-½” not including the D-rings. Please double check the measurement of your old handle or spacing between the straps on the case.

The handle installs easily by opening and closing the D-rings around the case mounts, you don’t need to replace rivets. It is about a 15-minute job

Some photos here.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nlgfk3eqrr6x ... -ZD6a?dl=0

The cost is $27.50 plus $5.50 mailing.

Mark
Markelynch56@gmail.com

MarkELynch
Victor II

Re: WANTED: leather handle for VV-2-60i

Post by MarkELynch »

Duplicate post.

Phono48
Victor IV

Post by Phono48 »

hexaphone wrote:Barry, I think you may be thinking of the VV-260 which was a console model.
Ah, that's what comes of trying to be clever. Put it down to an "age thing", I have!

Barry