SOLD: **COLUMBIA OAK HORN** $800.00

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Django
Victor IV

SOLD: **COLUMBIA OAK HORN** $800.00

Post by Django »

I am looking to sell my original and scarce Columbia Oak Horn. It is not perfect, but it does present well.

First the bad: I took some very unflattering photos of it with all of it's flaws so that no one will feel cheated.

First the bad: There is some veneer that could be glued down and there are some old repairs where it looks like some some small chips were filled. There are also some small paint speckles. I know that the rivets have been replaced because I replaced them. The rivets were missing and had been replaced with sheet metal screws when I received the horn.

Now the good: The horn presents well and this is an original and very scarce horn at what I think is a good price. The grain is beautiful and the horn has a nice, resonant sound. I can, and would prefer to hand deliver this horn at the Wayne Show in two weeks. It is a nice, solid example and could be restored or used just as it is. If you always wanted an original wooden horn and have a Columbia Machine, here is an opportunity. It's not like new, but it is about 110 years old, and I think she looks great for her age.
Attachments
h1.jpg
h10.jpg
h9.jpg
h8.jpg
h7.jpg
h6.jpg
h5.jpg
h4.jpg
h3.jpg
h2.jpg
Last edited by Django on Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Django
Victor IV

Re: FOR SALE: **COLUMBIA OAK HORN** ORIGINAL $850.00

Post by Django »

I have never seen another one of these for sale, so the only reference that I have is the smooth, Music Master and the Victor Spear Point. I assume that this is more scarce than either of those, but that does not always mean more valuable. Any input regarding value would be appreciated.

Thanks

Django
Victor IV

Re: FOR SALE: **COLUMBIA OAK HORN** ORIGINAL DROP TO $800.00

Post by Django »

Price drop from $850.00. Now $800.00

Django
Victor IV

Re: FOR SALE: **COLUMBIA OAK HORN** $800.00 OBO

Post by Django »

I am open to reasonable offers.

ts_13
Victor II

Re: FOR SALE: **COLUMBIA OAK HORN** $800.00 or best offer

Post by ts_13 »

Dang that is a beautiful machine!

Django
Victor IV

Post by Django »

I'll probably never find another, so I think that I will keep it and dig out the little filler patches and replace them with bits of 100 year old veneer. I think that the little paint specs are removable too and it will be a very nice horn.

ts_13
Victor II

Post by ts_13 »

Django wrote:I'll probably never find another, so I think that I will keep it and dig out the little filler patches and replace them with bits of 100 year old veneer. I think that the little paint specs are removable too and it will be a very nice horn.

Absolutely! Its a great piece.