SOLD: EDISON 4-MINUTE MODEL H REPRODUCER (GREEN) $105

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
FellowCollector
Victor IV

SOLD: EDISON 4-MINUTE MODEL H REPRODUCER (GREEN) $105

Post by FellowCollector »

This is an early Edison model H Reproducer with ALL of its original GREEN tinted dye remaining on the top. Most of these green tinted Model H Reproducers have lost all or most of their green color long ago but this one is still nice!

I have played this reproducer using one of my Edison Fireside models and it plays beautifully: crisp, clear and loud. The original Edison 4 minute stylus is excellent as well as the diaphragm. The reproducer fit is very snug in the carriage on my Fireside so expect this to be a very snug fit in your carriage as well. If I were to keep this I would likely polish down the exterior surface of the inner collar (which inserts into the reproducer eye) to adjust the reproducer fit. The inner collar does not show when the reproducer is installed in the carriage eye. Also the reproducer throat has two very benign intergranular expansion blisters. These are extremely common with the earliest model H reproducers and will affect absolutely nothing especially if you're using a flexible hose on the throat. If you'll be using a small metal horn such as a 14" brass bell horn then the horn fit may be snug.

That's about it for my long-winded, detailed analysis on this reproducer. If you're looking for an awesome sounding Edison model H reproducer with all of its original green tint then here you go! :)

Send a PM with interest. Thanks.

Doug
Attachments
IMG_1215.JPG
IMG_1216.JPG
IMG_1219.JPG
Last edited by FellowCollector on Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FellowCollector
Victor IV

Re: FOR SALE: EDISON 4-MINUTE MODEL H REPRODUCER (GREEN) $10

Post by FellowCollector »

$105 shipped to USA address. International shipping will be at cost.

Thanks.