FOR SALE: COMPLETE SET OF EDISON C-2 RECORD ALBUMS A-D- $240

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
FellowCollector
Victor IV

FOR SALE: COMPLETE SET OF EDISON C-2 RECORD ALBUMS A-D- $240

Post by FellowCollector »

Complete set of Edison Model C-2 Radio Phonograph record albums ( A through D ). This is a not a mix and match set. I have kept this set intact and together as a set ever since I found it many years ago.

There are two 10-inch albums (A & B) and two 12 inch albums (C & D). Albums C and D are missing their ring pulls. These albums are in overall very good original condition. Some (pencil) record title writing on inside of albums A and B which can likely be erased with care. All pages in all albums are present and attached and in good condition.

I also have an extra (12 inch) Edison C-2 'C' album that has its original ring pull. I will sell this album separately for $60 plus USPS shipping.

PM with interest. Paypal friends payment. USPS shipping is extra and at cost. Packaged securely for safe delivery. Thanks.

Doug
Attachments
IMG_0931.JPG
IMG_1348.JPG

BwanaJoe
Victor II

Re: FOR SALE: COMPLETE SET OF EDISON C-2 RECORD ALBUMS A-D-

Post by BwanaJoe »

I don’t know much about the C2 so I’m curious why they came with two different sized albums?

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

BwanaJoe wrote:I don’t know much about the C2 so I’m curious why they came with two different sized albums?
10" & 12" records ;)

BwanaJoe
Victor II

Post by BwanaJoe »

HisMastersVoice wrote:
BwanaJoe wrote:I don’t know much about the C2 so I’m curious why they came with two different sized albums?
10" & 12" records ;)
Ahhh, i didn’t think he actually produced any 12 inch recrods.

Thanks.

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

BwanaJoe wrote:
HisMastersVoice wrote:
10" & 12" records ;)
Ahhh, i didn’t think he actually produced any 12 inch recrods.

Thanks.
The C2 could play both Diamond Discs and regular lateral cut records.

Edison did make a few lateral 12" discs which are scarce and expensive. There are 12" Diamond Discs as well, but they consist of "Sample" records which were not made available to the public, and Long Play records which would not play on a C2 because they require a much smaller diamond that the "standard" one.