WANTED: U-S Banner, U-S Junior, Lakeside Equivalent Phono

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
FellowCollector
Victor IV

WANTED: U-S Banner, U-S Junior, Lakeside Equivalent Phono

Post by FellowCollector »

I'm casually seeking one of these phonographs in working condition: U-S Banner, U-S Junior, Lakeside equivalent of either of these phonographs with the dual reproducer assembly. I have lots of desirable and hard to find original phonographs, original parts and whatever else you're looking for to include in a trade/cash deal. Please send a PM with pictures and description.

Thanks,
Doug

phonojim
Victor IV

Re: WANTED: U-S Banner, U-S Junior, Lakeside Equivalent Phon

Post by phonojim »

There is one of these in the upcoming Stanton auction. I don't know where you are located, but you can phone bid if arranged prior to the auction. Go to http://www.stantons-auctions.com/auctio ... 7-18-2017/ and scroll down to the "Auction Flyer & Catalog" tab and click on it to download a PDF of the entire catalog.
The US Banner is item #129sm. If you open the photos tab on the web page, you will get a better quality picture.

Jim

FellowCollector
Victor IV

Post by FellowCollector »

phonojim wrote:There is one of these in the upcoming Stanton auction.
Thanks for your thoughtful gesture in letting me know about this one, Jim. I contacted Stanton's and asked questions about this including whether it played. I was informed by Mike at Stanton's through cell phone text message that "Unfortunately when it arrived the pot metal trim pc that holds the reproducer was broken. Not playable at this time.". :cry: Doggone it. So my search continues. But, again, thanks for the heads up. If anyone here has one that is working (or is complete and not broken) that you're willing to trade or sell/trade please send me a PM. Thanks!

Doug

cleveland1996
Victor III

Post by cleveland1996 »

The one at Stanton’s might still be a possibility for you. I believe that at one time Paul Baker was reworking/repairing/reproducing the reproducer problem. Might want to talk with him and pursue the one at auction if it would work for you...

Just an idea....I know that the reproducer issue is a major problem with these machines...