FOR SALE: Victrola XVIII; needs restoration work - $650

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: FOR SALE: Victrola XVIII; needs restoration work - $650

Post by Jerry B. »

I have a pretty nice empty XVIII cabinet. It might be a nice marriage of parts. I can easily get my half to Union or APS. Jerry Blais
Attachments
IMG_1463.JPG
IMG_1464.JPG
IMG_1465.JPG
IMG_1466.JPG
IMG_1467.JPG

Cody K
Victor III

SALE POSTPONED: Victrola XVIII; needs restoration work - $65

Post by Cody K »

Eh, it's a beautiful machine that looks a lot better in person than in the pictures -- no need to start doing transplants or part it out. The trouble spots are fairly serious, but really, 90% of it is in good shape. I've moved it to a different corner and, since it's been posted so long without a sale, I'm gonna withdraw it from sale and hope that maybe someday I will get around to the repairs. Meanwhile it's my go-to player for acoustic records -- sounds great!
"Gosh darn a Billiken anyhow."- Uncle Josh Weathersby

Cody K
Victor III

Post by Cody K »

Instead of reposting it, I'm just going to bring up this old thread. My dog, a sweet 11-year-old standard poodle, has had tumors growing on her right wrist for the past five years. They were removed once at great expense, but started to grow back six months later. In the past couple months, they've become a huge problem, with open wounds that can't heal, and the vet says it's time to amputate. It's breaking my heart, but I've scheduled the operation. Lulu's been with me since day one -- she was born into my hands -- and she's my best buddy. I'll do what will ultimately be best for her either way, but it would help if I can sell this machine because the operation and recovery will be fairly expensive. All of which has nothing to do with the value of this magnificent and very restorable machine, which despite its flaws is very reasonably priced. But her ongoing vet bills have been and are my only reason for selling it.

Please leave a note in the thread if sending a PM. Thanks.
"Gosh darn a Billiken anyhow."- Uncle Josh Weathersby

Django
Victor IV

Post by Django »

PM sent.

Jonsheff
Victor II
Personal Text: Let's make Victrolas Great Again!

Post by Jonsheff »

PM sent

mattrx
Victor IV

Post by mattrx »

Whoever gets this machine (or machine and cabinet), please post a restoration log. These are beautiful machines and worthy of a good quality restoration. I, for one, would love to see the progress.

Matt