SOLD: Early Columbia Model A Lid Bell Tainter Label $150

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Crank_it_up
Victor III

SOLD: Early Columbia Model A Lid Bell Tainter Label $150

Post by Crank_it_up »

I'm offering up this early Columbia lid/cover for what I'm fairly certain is a Model A. I don't have one at this time to test fit but the measurements are about 6-½" x 11" to the outside of the trim. Note the one side trim piece is not attached but does appear to have been born with this lid. Now, for the neat parts of this lid. There is a label inside depicting Bell and Tainter patents from as early as 1886. Also note the lid latches have a pat'd date stamped in them from what looks like June 16 1896. Now for the bad news, the veneer is lifting on both ends and a lot is missing. The blue tape is to hold on the parts that are ready to fall off. I have no idea of its value or rarity but I will start at $150, maybe I'm low, maybe I'm not. Please make comments as long as they're nice ones and if someone can measure one and verify my beliefs that would be great. Shipping will be $10 anywhere in the Continental USA. No PayPal but checks and money orders are accepted. Please PM me with questions or to purchase. Thanks for looking. Joe
Attachments
IMG_0892.JPG
IMG_0895.JPG
IMG_0898.JPG
IMG_0890.JPG
IMG_0891.JPG
IMG_0893.JPG