Wanted: 3 hole Edison lid latchs

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
tomb
Victor IV

Wanted: 3 hole Edison lid latchs

Post by tomb »

I need two three hole lid latches for a late model Edison standard lid. Most of the lid latches are attached to the lid with four screws till almost the last lids were produced and they cut the screws to three. Thanks Tom B

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Re: Wanted: 3 hole Edison lid latchs

Post by Phonofreak »

Is your machine a Standard Model E, F, or G? I am currently restoring an Edison Model F. I guess Edison wanted to cut the costs of these late machines.
Harvey Kravitz

tomb
Victor IV

Post by tomb »

I am working on a standard model C ICS that has serial number 820xxx. It is one of the last made by Edison. I brought a most of it on E bay because I did not want it parted out. He was selling the pieces instead of the whole machine because the spring was broke and it would not wind. I did not get all of it. I missed the lid and now I have screwed up the carriage and need a standard C ICS carriage to complete it. I found a lid but it did not have the latches. Those Fs are nice machines except the S reproducer and the horizontal carriage. I restored two of them. I am a glutton. I had hard time getting the carriage.. They play very well with the cygnet horn. good luck with yours. It is nice to bring something like that back to life. Tom B

tomb
Victor IV

Post by tomb »

bump