WANTED: Edison Concert Cylinder

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Bruce
Victor III

WANTED: Edison Concert Cylinder

Post by Bruce »

I now have the privilege of owning an Edison Concert (early model) but as I clean it up I do not have a Concert Cylinder to play and display with my machine.

I realized they come up every now and then on Ebay but I was hoping that someone on the forum will have one they no longer need or want. If possible an early Vaudeville artist and a nice display box.

I am willing to pay a fair price for both the cylinder and shipping (to my USA address in Blaine, Wa.)

Thank you

Bruce

cleveland1996
Victor III

Re: WANTED: Edison Concert Cylinder

Post by cleveland1996 »

Hi Bruce,

You might want to look at Vulcan records or check with Paul Morris. They both do excellent reproductions that play wonderfully. I have one from each and they are great. This will allow you a nice playable record until you can find an original one to display. As you probably know, concert records can get quite expensive and you have to look out closely for the mold issue. You can find original records on eBay, just be patient until the right title for you comes along..

Good luck,
Joe

EdisonWizard
Victor III

Post by EdisonWizard »

+1 to the previous post. Paul Morris does an excellent job.

Originals will run a premium, and are rare. I suggest a new cylinder for demonstration and casual playing. I've played mine a couple time then up they went cause I'm scared to break them!
J.F.

TinfoilPhono
Victor IV

Post by TinfoilPhono »

I am a huge champion of the Vulcan Concerts. They look like brown wax, they sound amazing, and they are unbreakable. I have every title they have ever made. (Unfortunately, many are no longer available.) I still have quite a few originals but I rarely play them, ever since I accidentally broke one while putting it on the mandrel. Ouch.

For demonstration purposes I find marches to be best since they are so loud.