SOLD: E+ CHARLESTON #51542 RARE EDISON DIAMOND DISC-$495

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
FellowCollector
Victor IV

SOLD: E+ CHARLESTON #51542 RARE EDISON DIAMOND DISC-$495

Post by FellowCollector »

I've maintained a white-knuckle grip for 30+ years on this E+ "CHARLESTON" on Edison Diamond Disc #51542 from my collection by the fabulous Golden Gate Orchestra.

It is very rare especially in this gorgeous E+ condition. This is the only example I've ever found of "CHARLESTON" on Edison Diamond Disc and, from my perspective, it is the rarest and most enjoyable version of "CHARLESTON" recorded on ANY label. You'll search for a very long time to find another original CHARLESTON on Edison Diamond Disc in this condition.

Please see the pictures below. PM with interest. Paypal friends option. Packaged very securely for safe delivery.

Thanks!
Doug
Last edited by FellowCollector on Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Re: FOR SALE: E+ CHARLESTON #51542 RARE EDISON DIAMOND DISC-

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Not that it would do me a bit of good (no Edison disc player) but this is probably a record that needs to be re-released in resin.

DonnieJ might end up having to start a record factory, though, if we keep throwing rarities at him.

donniej
Victor III

Post by donniej »

VanEpsFan1914 wrote:Not that it would do me a bit of good (no Edison disc player) but this is probably a record that needs to be re-released in resin.

DonnieJ might end up having to start a record factory, though, if we keep throwing rarities at him.

Doug is 100% correct that this is both a very rare disc and a very good performance. Fortunately I already have a copy, and it required that I buy an entire collection of 1,500 discs to get it!

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

VanEpsFan1914 wrote:Not that it would do me a bit of good (no Edison disc player) but this is probably a record that needs to be re-released in resin.

According to the spreadsheet at truesoundtranfers.de, there are 2 released takes (A and C). Perhaps Donnie could make a disc with both takes? Or maybe Charleston on one side and Varsity Drag on the other? I know there are major technical challenges in molding a 2-sided disc, but it would be fun to have something like that!

PeterF
Victor IV

Post by PeterF »

Good thing I saw this. My E+ copy came with a junker A-250 I bought for $25. They made me take the additional two tons of DDs as part of the deal.

billybob62
Victor III

Post by billybob62 »

It is now OOP but I bought from an individual a Vulcan cylinder copy of this on Ebay in early 2016.
John

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

billybob62 wrote:It is now OOP but I bought from an individual a Vulcan cylinder copy of this on Ebay in early 2016.
John
I bought one too. The Vulcan is very well done. I've posted it somewhere here in the music page or you can find it on my youTube channel.