FOR SALE: LATE Edison #52611-IF I'M WRONG SUE ME-Murray-$125

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
FellowCollector
Victor IV

FOR SALE: LATE Edison #52611-IF I'M WRONG SUE ME-Murray-$125

Post by FellowCollector »

Very difficult to find LATE (and lots of FUN for listening!!) electric Edison Diamond Disc record #52611:

"IF I'M WRONG SUE ME" by Billy Murray and His Merry Melody Men

-and-

"MY OLD MAN" by Bob Pierce (Old Man Sunshine)

Wonderfully entertaining late Edison recordings on both sides.

Billy Murray's voice is noticeably lower on the "SUE ME" side as he is nearing the conclusion of his long and prolific recording career for Edison.

Billy's doing much less singing now in his late recordings and more speaking which tends to bring a more 'personal' aspect to his recordings (IMHO). I enjoy Billy's late recordings for just that reason as his speaking voice is warm and natural.

The Bob Pierce side is equally entertaining with references to Coca-Cola and plenty of other 'interesting' references as he comically describes his "old man".

Both sides play great. There are several small edge flakes on both sides as well as scratches, scuffs and some play wear. If you're interested only in excellent condition Edisons then this particular one may not be for you. If you don't mind a few occasional light pops during play then this record is for you. Original labels are lil loose at edges too. :)

As with all Edison electric Diamond Disc recordings, the grooves are proud on this and both sides play with plenty of volume.

Please send a PM (Private Message) with interest. USPS shipping is extra and at cost.

Thanks,
Doug
Attachments
IMG_1498.JPG
IMG_1499.JPG
IMG_1500.JPG
IMG_1501.JPG