SOLD! Edison Shaving Machine Post-1912 - 500$

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
CDBPDX
Victor V
Personal Text: A Hobbyist Specializing in Sales and Repair of Spring Motor Phonographs

Re: FOR SALE: Edison Shaving Machine Post-1912 INQUIRE

Post by CDBPDX »

Very cool looking machine! I have not seen this before. It would seem its rarity could be directly related to the poor sales of this model originally. Still, it is quite interesting and no collection would be complete without it. Yours appears to be in excellent condition which would make it very collectable to the right person.

Cliff
Cliff's Vintage Music Shoppe, Castle Rock, WA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIz_IpaVrW8

kraftwerknation63
Victor O

Post by kraftwerknation63 »

Curt A wrote:I wasn't trying to be critical with my previous comment, as you can see there is no real way to reach an offer if the normal value is not known. I think the $500 price is realistic to the right collector. Good luck with the sale...

One other thought... maybe the reason the shaver has destroyed several cylinders is that the blade may be adjusted too close to the cylinder and cuts too deeply. Also, it may need to be sharpened to operate properly. If neither of these is the reason, it will still make a nice display item for someone who has other machines and would like a nice shaver to go with them.

No problem Curt! ;) Ok! :) 500$ (=420€). Is good for me. i want only to refund my money. Not make benefit. The problem is the price of the postal charge to USA! If the buyer is a USA people.
Yes! You have right! Maybe a little sharpending, can be good!
I am going to change my title.
Thanks
French 20 years old Phonograph collector!

kraftwerknation63
Victor O

Post by kraftwerknation63 »

CDBPDX wrote:Very cool looking machine! I have not seen this before. It would seem its rarity could be directly related to the poor sales of this model originally. Still, it is quite interesting and no collection would be complete without it. Yours appears to be in excellent condition which would make it very collectable to the right person.

Cliff
You have right Cliff!
i think it is a nice object in a Edison collection. :)
French 20 years old Phonograph collector!