SOLD: Edison Fireside Model A 2/4 min Cygnet Horn - $950

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Crank_it_up
Victor III

SOLD: Edison Fireside Model A 2/4 min Cygnet Horn - $950

Post by Crank_it_up »

I am offering for sale my Edison Fireside Model A Combination Phonograph with a 10 panel Cygnet horn. Look at the pics to see how outstanding the bedplate is on this machine. It is original and super clean condition. This is almost exactly how I found this machine and it needs nothing other than a new home. The cabinet and lid are structurally sound and square with no veneer issues in the lid but both are somewhat dirty from age and could benefit from a slight cleaning and the horn could use some polishing but look how straight the horn is. This is just how collectors like to find them and I have enjoyed it but time for something new in the collection. The reproducer is a Model H 4 minute and it even has most of the green tint still on it. I have a freshly restored Model K reproducer from Steve Medved if interested at an additional $125 and it's gorgeous. I'm not sure if the crane is real as it has some considerable oxidation but since I am not an expert on cranes let's assume it's a reproduction, likely an earlier one. The bell shaped hanger inside the horn is a repro. The crank and all of the hardware are original and no broken hinges or lid latches often found. Get it before it goes to eBay. Carefully packed shipping will be through FedEx at actual cost using heavy boxes and professional packing material. I can also hold until the Orlando show and deliver there free of charge. Payment terms are negotiable, contact me for details but check/money order preferred. Trades, either up or down are welcome. Price is $950
Let's break it down:
Orig straight #10 Cygnet $400
Model H reproducer $100
Repro Cygnet Crane $75
Original Back Bracket $75
Original crank $50
BEAUTIFUL FIRESIDE A $250!! Who wouldn't pay $250 for this machine?
Thanks for looking, Joe Filer
Attachments
IMG_1009.JPG
IMG_1010.JPG
IMG_1019.JPG
IMG_1011.JPG
IMG_1013.JPG
IMG_1017.JPG
IMG_1021.JPG
IMG_1018.JPG
IMG_1015.JPG

Crank_it_up