FOUND. WANTED FANCY CASED VICTOR. D

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Victrola20
Victor O
Personal Text: If you can see the floor there is always room for more

FOUND. WANTED FANCY CASED VICTOR. D

Post by Victrola20 »

I have friend that would like to buy a Victor Fancy Cased D Type of Horn not important. If you have one that you would turn lose of I will connect you with my friend. Thank you for your help
Last edited by Victrola20 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ripduf1
Victor III
Personal Text: HORNS ROLLED & STRAIGHTENED

Re: WANTED FANCY CASED VICTOR. D

Post by Ripduf1 »

Where are you located? Where is your friend located?

It would be helpful if TMF members would log in and go to "User Control Panel" then "Profile" and enter your state or region into the "location" field if you haven't done so already. It is really easy to enter and who knows...maybe a collector nearby has what you might be looking for. John
Last edited by Ripduf1 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Horns rolled and straightened

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

I agree with John. If your reluctant to give a specific location give us a a general one. For example, I live in Albany, Oregon but I could say about 1.5 hours south of Portland, Oregon. Jerry Blais

victorthesixth
Victor I

Post by victorthesixth »

How much is he looking to pay. Those machines can get expensive.

V6

Victrola20
Victor O
Personal Text: If you can see the floor there is always room for more

Post by Victrola20 »

Not real sure why it matters where I am or where my friend is as communication is by email and phone and it can surely be shipped, the same as with most table tops. But I am located in southern Oregon and friend is in Northern California if that helps
Asking how much he would pay seems to be a real odd question. He will pay a fair price What is the condition of your machine , finish original , parts original or some repro , what horn are you offering condition of nickel plating , etc. thanks for your help

victorthesixth
Victor I

Post by victorthesixth »

How is asking what will he pay an inappropriate questions. Victor D's with ornate cabinets are rare machines and can go for a high price

My machine has all original parts except for the turntable clothe. The nickel plating is about 70%. The horn is a wood horn.

If I was made a decent offer I would be tempted to part with it but I need to know what he considers a decent offer.

V6

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

You might want to look on ebay. That way he can decide on the price. That way, if asking how much he is willing to pay is such a touchy subject, he can bid on the price he wants to pay.
Harvey Kravitz
Victrola20 wrote:Not real sure why it matters where I am or where my friend is as communication is by email and phone and it can surely be shipped, the same as with most table tops. But I am located in southern Oregon and friend is in Northern California if that helps
Asking how much he would pay seems to be a real odd question. He will pay a fair price What is the condition of your machine , finish original , parts original or some repro , what horn are you offering condition of nickel plating , etc. thanks for your help

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

victorthesixth wrote:How is asking what will he pay an inappropriate questions. Victor D's with ornate cabinets are rare machines and can go for a high price

My machine has all original parts except for the turntable clothe. The nickel plating is about 70%. The horn is a wood horn.

If I was made a decent offer I would be tempted to part with it but I need to know what he considers a decent offer.

V6
Well, it's also unfair to ask the fellow to make "decent offer" based on, "My machine has all original parts except for the turntable clothe. The nickel plating is about 70%. The horn is a wood horn." I would guess that if you're serious about selling, posting some decent photos would get you a decent offer.

victorthesixth
Victor I

Post by victorthesixth »

If he is interested after reading that description he is free to ask for pictures.

jboger
Victor IV

Post by jboger »

I's the seller's obligation to set a price, not ask what someone is willing to pay.