FOR SALE (still): Edison Concert Phonograph - Now - $1100.00

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
rgordon939
Victor V

FOR SALE (still): Edison Concert Phonograph - Now - $1100.00

Post by rgordon939 »

I have for sale an Edison Concert Phonograph Model-B with the new style Banner Case. The machine has been updated to a 2/4 Machine to play standard size cylinders and has a Model-B Reproducer. Price is $1300.00. You can PM or email with questions. I will not ship this machine as it’s to large and heavy. It can be picked up at my place in Linden NJ, or it be picked at my tables at the Wayne, NJ Show in April.

FIrst to say “SOLD” gets it.

Rich Gordon
Attachments
35AF4848-3661-4FA0-92AB-89695F742E63.jpeg
F5AF2CA4-DCDE-499F-9FAE-D18F7D6CB9EF.jpeg
Last edited by rgordon939 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:33 am, edited 8 times in total.

PeterF
Victor IV

Re: FOR SALE: Edison Concert Phonograph - $2500.00

Post by PeterF »

What is the serial number, please? I have its twin, and it will be interesting to see how far apart they are numerically. Thanks.

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Nice machine. How hard it it to switch the mandrels back and forth?

EdisonWizard
Victor III

Post by EdisonWizard »

Valecnik wrote:Nice machine. How hard it it to switch the mandrels back and forth?

Not hard. I swap mine every now and then. Just have to change out the carriage and mandrel. Sometimes you have to adjust feed screw a bit but once you get them set the first time I found I haven't had to do much the next time.

Oh also I have a second belt I use as well. I think that's it.
J.F.

PeterF
Victor IV

Post by PeterF »

Mine has a slip-on mandrel, like Pathé machines. I still have to change out the carriage, but that’s pretty easy. I will someday put together one of the extension units, which lets you use the big carriage with the small mandrel, via an extension tube welded to the back side of a reproducer top.

TinfoilPhono
Victor IV

Post by TinfoilPhono »

The Edison-Bell Duplex used a slip-on Concert mandrel and an adapter to extend down from a Concert carriage. The B reproducer is held in to the adapter by a set screw. A reasonable and functional facsimile shouldn't be too hard to make.
Attachments
duplex2.jpg
duplex2.jpg (31.51 KiB) Viewed 2814 times

PeterF
Victor IV

Post by PeterF »

Yes, that’s exactly what I was talking about, Rene!

I believe any old C/H reproducer top, with the right sized bit of tubing (with a setscrew added) welded to its underside, will do the trick.

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Post by estott »

EdisonWizard wrote:
Valecnik wrote:Nice machine. How hard it it to switch the mandrels back and forth?

Not hard. I swap mine every now and then. Just have to change out the carriage and mandrel. Sometimes you have to adjust feed screw a bit but once you get them set the first time I found I haven't had to do much the next time.

Oh also I have a second belt I use as well. I think that's it.

Edison was promoting the Concert in catalogs as the finest you could buy.........but in the back of the catalog they sold the converter "a machine so converted is equal to a Triumph in quality"

rgordon939
Victor V

Re: FOR SALE: Edison Concert Phonograph - $1650.00

Post by rgordon939 »

I have reduced the price of the machine only to $1650.00. Goes to the first person to say SOLD here or you PM.

Rich Gordon

PeterF
Victor IV

Post by PeterF »

PeterF wrote:What is the serial number, please? I have its twin, and it will be interesting to see how far apart they are numerically. Thanks.
Would still like the s/n for this now extremely attractively priced machine, please.