SOLD: Edison #52273 "THATS WHAT I CALL KEEN"-Hot! - $175

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
FellowCollector
Victor IV

SOLD: Edison #52273 "THATS WHAT I CALL KEEN"-Hot! - $175

Post by FellowCollector »

Two great toe-tapping hot Fox Trots with Vocals on electrically recorded Edison Diamond Disc #52273:

THAT'S WHAT I CALL KEEN - FOX TROT - PICCADILLY PLAYERS (superb, snappy arrangement with GREAT VOCALS BY JACK KAUFMAN)

-AND- (outstanding flip side!)

LILA - FOX TROT - ORESTE AND HIS QUEENSLAND ORCHESTRA (WITH VOCAL!)

I have searched for many years to find (and purchase) some of the most desirable and hardest to find Edison Diamond Discs (and cylinders!). I'm now in the process of gradually selling / trading them.

Both sides play very nicely indeed. R side has a couple of tiny scratches that will pop for a few seconds during play. L side has an edge flake on this side only with a very small, very tight lamination split that will softly tick only for about the first 10 seconds of play. I have pictured it below.

If you've never heard these tunes on Edison do yourself a favor and find a copy of this if you can.

I couldn't find a video on YouTube of "That's What I Call Keen" on Edison so that you can listen but here is a nice copy of LILA on Edison and I think you'll agree that it's fantastic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo4cvjvVDR0

PM with interest. Thanks.

Doug
Attachments
IMG_1703.JPG
IMG_1704.JPG
IMG_1705.JPG
IMG_1706.JPG
IMG_1711.JPG