WANTED - VV-XXV Victor Schoolhouse Phonograph

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

WANTED - VV-XXV Victor Schoolhouse Phonograph

Post by brianu »

I’m trying to find a nice victor schoolhouse machine, VV-XXV, for a friend... I had a couple for sale, but they’re gone now. If you know of one or might have one to sell, please let me know... message here or email brianu73 at hotmail.
Thanks.

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Re: WANTED - VV-XXV Victor Schoolhouse Phonograph

Post by travisgreyfox »

I guess that really nice one on ebay sold? I know there was one in the Pittsburgh area, but I cant find it now.

EDIT: Here it is https://www.ebay.com/itm/Victor-Schoolh ... SwOyJX3dTo

quite pricey, but looks nice!

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

Yeah, that one I think is priced way out of line in today’s market... and that guy is... well... he ran that machine as an auction a year or so ago and I won it for about 3000, maybe a little less, and he refused to sell it to me, said it was worth much more and that there should’ve been a reserve. Then he offered to sell it to me basically for what he’s been asking ever since then.

I just had a couple that I sold over the past year or two... both mechanically restored, reproducers and motors rebuilt, and with the hardware polished and cases cleaned up... one just had a fair amount of veneer problems, chips and loose spots.... sold that for about 2600... the other was much nicer, sold for about 3200.

I’ve seen refinished machines, which she doesn’t want. I’ve also seen machines that need work, which I can do for her, but they’re often just priced too high relative to what they still need done.

SousaBand
Victor Jr

Post by SousaBand »

Email sent

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Post by travisgreyfox »

Yeah, it is evident that the seller is asking too much by the amount of time that thing has been for sale. :roll:

I figured you had seen that one.

ticticdok
Victor III

Post by ticticdok »

email sent