TRADE: Victor III Parts for Victor II Parts

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

TRADE: Victor III Parts for Victor II Parts

Post by Jerry B. »

I bought what I thought was an original Victor II. It came with the parts shown in the photo. These parts came from a larger Victor machine. I would like to trade my parts for Victor II parts hopefully in similar good condition. I need a Victor II back bracket, tone arm, elbow, and clip and screw. Thanks for considering a trade. I have:

Victor back bracket - This bracket is in outstanding original condition and is the correct size for a Victor M, MS, III, or IV.
Victor tone arm - The original tone arm is the correct one for a Victor M, MS, D, III, IV, or V.
Victor horn elbow - This original nickel horn elbow would the correct size for a Victor M, MS, D, III, IV, or V.
Victor clip & screw - This clip & screw is the type with a pin that goes into the back bracket and would be correct for a Victor M, MS, D, III, IV, or V. (Please note
sometimes the pin is in the bracket and other times the pin is part of the clip.)

Please PM with any questions or suggestions. Jerry Blais
Attachments
IMG_1612.JPG

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: TRADE: Victor III Parts for Victor II Parts

Post by Jerry B. »

Here are some photos of the Victor II that I am trying to complete and save. It is in exceptional original condition and would be a shame to part out. I need a Victor II back bracket, tone arm, elbow, and clip & screw. I don't know why the Victor II was mated with parts from other larger Victor horn machines. I'm happy to trade or purchase the parts I need. Thanks for checking your parts bin.

For collectors not familiar with the term "humpback Victor II" please take a look at the photo showing the back panel where the back bracket mounts. It shows how the back panel was created with a raised panel which forms a "hump." The alternative would have been to change the back bracket casting or make the tone arm shorter. The raised panel must have been the cost effective decision.

Jerry Blais
Attachments
IMG_1617.JPG
IMG_1618.JPG
IMG_1619.JPG
IMG_1620.JPG

fonograph
Victor II

Re: TRADE: Victor III Parts for Victor II Parts

Post by fonograph »

Jerry,
I have a repro back bracket and tonearm (cheap) if you can't find an original. The bracket has the decal applied and has been "aged", so it looks old.
I can send a pic if interested.
Bob