SOLD: Very Nice Edison C-19 with Records & Extras - $475

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

SOLD: Very Nice Edison C-19 with Records & Extras - $475

Post by HisMastersVoice »

Edison Diamond Disc Phonograph Model C-19 / Chippendale (#150310).

In order to make room for a new machine in my impossibly small space, this must go. It's a very nice example with beautiful original brown mahogany finish with no major blemishes anywhere. Bedplate is gorgeous, reproducer was just cleaned and rebuilt by Steve Medved, new diaphragm and the original Edison diamond is perfect. Motor runs perfectly and silently, always kept lubricated. Grille cloth is not original, but it was there when I got it. Feltoid casters are round and roll great. Volume control assembly is present and complete. Comes with correct key, manual, unpacking instructions, oil tin, grease pot, NOS grease tube in pristine condition, and 35 decent, playable records (nearly all of them are military band, banjo, and fox trots - not junk.) More photos available upon request, and I'll list the records if I can find the time. Buyer to arrange pickup or transport, or I can stash it away until Union and deliver free of charge.
C19-1.JPG
C19-2.JPG
C19-3.JPG
C19-4.JPG
C19-5.JPG
C19-6.JPG
C19-7.JPG

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Re: FOR SALE: Very Nice Edison C-19 with Records + Extras -

Post by Valecnik »

What a beautifully clean example. That platter and bed plate look brand new.

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

nice...

given the preoccupation so many collectors seem to have any more with getting things as cheap as possible, or just cheap, or cheaper than asking, I think a lot of people really tend to overlook, undervalue or just ignore the value that decent restorative work adds to any phonograph, even relatively common ones... in my opinion, for whatever it's worth, when a machine has a reproducer polished and rebuilt by someone who knows what they're doing, especially if it's something like a walt somers orthophonic or a steve medved Edison (cylinder or DD reproducer), that work alone is worth at least a hundred bucks, if not more (some times a good deal more). then, considering the couple hundred dollars' worth of records and extras here, that almost makes this particularly fine example of a high quality Edison machine a virtual giveaway.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

Brandon,

Very nice!

More space? I see space to the right & left for another two machines without removing the C-19!

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Thanks for the compliments guys! Brian, you're very right about that, if the extras were sold individually, it nearly exceeds the asking price.

And Jerry, I actually moved 2 machines out of the way to use that wall as a photo backdrop...

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

HisMastersVoice wrote:Thanks for the compliments guys! Brian, you're very right about that, if the extras were sold individually, it nearly exceeds the asking price.

And Jerry, I actually moved 2 machines out of the way to use that wall as a photo backdrop...

In that case, I feel your pain...

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

brianu wrote:nice...

given the preoccupation so many collectors seem to have any more with getting things as cheap as possible, or just cheap, or cheaper than asking, I think a lot of people really tend to overlook, undervalue or just ignore the value that decent restorative work adds to any phonograph, even relatively common ones... in my opinion, for whatever it's worth, when a machine has a reproducer polished and rebuilt by someone who knows what they're doing, especially if it's something like a walt somers orthophonic or a steve medved Edison (cylinder or DD reproducer), that work alone is worth at least a hundred bucks, if not more (some times a good deal more). then, considering the couple hundred dollars' worth of records and extras here, that almost makes this particularly fine example of a high quality Edison machine a virtual giveaway.
You are so right Brian. The professional restoration of the reproducer and the accessories are worth a lot, not to mention the records and the fact that it's an E+ or N- example.

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

This machine was in the same hands for over 60 years until I got it. It was very well cared for by it's owner all that time and it was his "main machine" for DDs. I already owned a C-19 or I would have kept this one, it's a really nice example and the new owner should be very pleased with it.

Sean

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

I can also get this to the spring Stanton auction if that helps anyone

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Re: FOR SALE: Very Nice Edison C-19 with Records & Extras -

If someone wants just the machine, I’d be willing to adjust the price accordingly. Just PM me and we can work out the details.