SOLD - 2 Edison Diamond Disc Phonos - A-250 & C-19 $400

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

SOLD - 2 Edison Diamond Disc Phonos - A-250 & C-19 $400

Post by brianu »

I bought this machine a few years ago when we bought our house... never did much with it, and now that we’re moving again, I could use the money and the space, so figured I’d pass it along... basically untouched but very clean early A-250 diamond disc player... runs perfectly, volume control functions as it should, mahogany finish is all original, and the reproducer had been rebuilt before I bought it... even has a great original dealer decal from a piano shop in Brooklyn, NYC... there’s a little veneer loss/chips on the back at the bottom, but that’s about it. I can try to bring this to the next Wayne show in April, or it can be picked up in Woodbury, southern NJ near Philadelphia. I think $475 is a fair price at the lower end of the scale to get this moving to its next home. You can message me or email brianu73 at hotmail.

Just to note, I forgot to remove the key from the lock for the photos... it didn’t come with the machine and isn’t included.
Last edited by brianu on Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:30 am, edited 4 times in total.

ehs004
Victor III

Re: FOR SALE - Edison A-250 Diamond Disc Phonograph - $475

Post by ehs004 »

Brian ,
I have the same machine and the serial numbers are even fairly close , great machine for a great price. The tone modifier was a add on which i think is neat , and the trap door in the back to access tool kit box ,horn and motor plus the horn is painted wood grain. Someone should try to get this machine as i can say they are nice, Also has the rachecheting sound when winding .The W 250 is gone i traded it straight over for a very nice early BS coin op 8-)
Eric
Attachments
A 250.jpg

brianu
Victor V

Post by brianu »

ehs004 wrote:Brian ,
I have the same machine and the serial numbers are even fairly close , great machine for a great price. The tone modifier was a add on which i think is neat , and the trap door in the back to access tool kit box ,horn and motor plus the horn is painted wood grain. Someone should try to get this machine as i can say they are nice, Also has the rachecheting sound when winding .The W 250 is gone i traded it straight over for a very nice early BS coin op 8-)
Eric

Thanks... and yes, you can tell that the volume control was an extra... these are cool early DD players... and that's a really nice looking W250 by the way.

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Your A-250 is beautiful Brian and very reasonably priced as well. You must be sad to see it go.

brianu
Victor V

Post by brianu »

Valecnik wrote:Your A-250 is beautiful Brian and very reasonably priced as well. You must be sad to see it go.
Thanks.

And yes, we're looking at likely moving again within the next few months and I'm prioritizing and downsizing a bit again... unfortunately a few of the monsters that rarely get played must be sacrificed.

brianu
Victor V

Re: FOR SALE - Edison A-250 Diamond Disc Phonograph & Bonus

Post by brianu »

New price, $450 ... really need to clear out some things.

And if you buy this, I have a C-19 parts machine you can have for FREE.

http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... =9&t=32237

brianu
Victor V

Re: FOR SALE - Edison A-250 Diamond Disc Phonograph & Bonus

Post by brianu »

any interest?

brianu
Victor V

Re: FOR SALE - 2 Edison Diamond Disc Phonos - A-250 & C-19 $

Post by brianu »

reduced price... $400 for BOTH machines... this is an extremely nice, complete and well running original A-250 (and the reproducer has already been rebuilt)...

despite the damage, the FREE C-19 is complete but for the reproducer, the grill is fine... and it's all FREE... if you buy the A-250 and pick up both at my house in southern NJ... we're moving, and these need to go (some place either than a storage facility)... the C-19 (minus the grill and turntable... again, this is complete except for the reproducer)...

http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... =9&t=32237

I'm also open to possible trades (for something much much smaller).

briankeith
Victor IV
Personal Text: Jeepster

Post by briankeith »

Maybe bring it to the tailgating at Wayne on Saturday in April? I've had great luck with that tailgating sale day.....

brianu
Victor V

Post by brianu »

briankeith wrote:Maybe bring it to the tailgating at Wayne on Saturday in April? I've had great luck with that tailgating sale day.....

carting one, let alone two, of these around for just the possibility of a sale is just beyond my energy level these days. thank you for the suggestion though.