FOR SALE: STUFF!- Various

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

FOR SALE: STUFF!- Various

Post by gramophone-georg »

No, I'm not running an online auction so no need for the "take it to eBay" comments, thanks. :lol: I just have a bunch of STUFF I need to get rid of and I am seriously considering all reasonable (not stupid) offers. Those of you who have shot me offers on stuff with slight trepidation in the past and have been pleasantly surprised know I like to deal, like Monty Hall.

Oh, and please note that even though I'm starting to list NOW, I will be back east for my mother's 80th from the 8th till the 13th. I'll have email and forum access but I will NOT be able to box and ship till the 14th.

So... without further ado, let's go!

1. RCA R-93 electric phonograph, plays 78 RPM through your radio, c. 1937. I last used this in the 1998-2000 era. I had my radio repair guy at the time who has since passed go through this and it worked pretty well, but it's been sitting since then and will need at least a new cord to start with. Case is decent- needs a little finishing help due to age, but very solid. $75.00

2. Another RCA phono 78 RPM attachment. This one is bakelite and the cabinet will look great with a polish. Tone arm is loose, and the turntable needs new rubber grommets under it and I *think* one at the spindle. Otherwise it's complete. $40.00

3. Columbia Grafonola 3 spring motor and turntable. I borrowed a crank from another machine and it makes a "sproing sproing sproing" noise like a spring just isn't catching on its hook or nub. It'll need a total service anyways.

$50
Attachments
Stuff 001.jpg
Stuff 002.jpg
Stuff 003.jpg
Stuff 004.jpg
Stuff 005.jpg
Stuff 006.jpg
Last edited by gramophone-georg on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Re: FOR SALE: STUFF!- Make Offers

Photos for RCA Player #2
Attachments
Stuff 007.jpg
Stuff 008.jpg
Stuff 009.jpg
Stuff 010.jpg
Stuff 011.jpg
Stuff 012.jpg
Stuff 013.jpg

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Columbia Graf motor pics
Attachments
Stuff 014.jpg
Stuff 015.jpg
Stuff 016.jpg
Stuff 017.jpg

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Watch this space... more to come! :D

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Round II:

1. Original horn for a front mount disc machine using a leather elbow. Expect the usual wear. I'd expect John Duffy could work wonders with it. The one real flaw is a small almost un- noticeable split in the brass bell where it meets the black cone, just below the crimp. The split is just about 1,5 inches long. I tried to show it in one of the photos. SOLD!!

2. Edison Concert horn (I think). In the famous words of Tiny Elvis: "Whoa! That sucker's HUUUUUUGE!"... as in 34 inches tall and 20 inches across the bell huge. It's nice! I can ship it Greyhound or you could arrange delivery at a show via the Jerry B. Express. $175.00

3. An adjustable floor crane for the above or similar. It tops out at just under 6 feet. It's missing the upper set screw on the lower section but otherwise complete. SOLD!!

4. Reproduction version of #1 above. It's in decent shape but suffers from some stress ridges on the bell that these repros seem to be prone to. $75.00
Attachments
Stuff 2 002.jpg
Stuff 2 001.jpg
Stuff 2.jpg
Last edited by gramophone-georg on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

"Concert" horn and crane
Attachments
Stuff 2 003.jpg
Stuff 2 004.jpg

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Repro horn
Attachments
Stuff 2 005.jpg
Stuff 2 006.jpg

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

Next up- Round 3- a few pot metal reproducers- from left to right:

1. Southwestern Music Corp, Dallas. This one is missing the needle screw, and the tension screws are way loose on the block. Missing set screw for arm position, crack in outer cover down by the needle bar. Don't know if someone has broken the heads off these little tension screws or if they are actually press ins. An interesting off brand, though. Maybe just good for parts. Free plus postage.

2. Yes, Virginia- that IS INDEED an Edison Needle Type soundbox! Very faded gold tone cover, and the cover has pot metal issues along the edge... fissures and a long sliver missing off the edge. Otherwise complete. I actually put a loud tone needle in it and tried it on a late 1920s Columbia jazz record, in my hand, just by itself. It was loud and clear with no rattling and it has BASS! Needs a new tone arm isolator.

You know how hard these are to find, and I'll bet MicaMonster can work wonders with it as he's been in this Needle Type Reproducer rodeo before. $200.00

3. Melo Phonic. Missing the needle screw and one of the four rim screws but otherwise complete. Needs tone arm isolator. $20.00
Attachments
Stuff 3 001.jpg
Stuff 3 002.jpg
Stuff 3 003.jpg
Stuff 3 004.jpg
Last edited by gramophone-georg on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

More still... Round 4

1. Tiny toy phono horn... I think! $10

2. Horn elbow from one of my Vic 5s. I think it's possibly a reproduction. The finish looks stupid because I used that rub- on silver on it decades ago. Steel wool and solvent should remove it. Some denting but it works and if you are missing one you need it. $75.00

3. Long slotted gold tone crank. I have no idea what it fits. Maybe you do. $20.00

4. Stubby female threaded crank, gold tone. I am thinking Edison P1 or 2 but I could be wrong. $30.00

5. GE Variable Reluctance mono cartridge with LP stylus. It worked last time I used it. $75.00

6. Electromagnetic pickup with set screw. Maybe jukebox? Transcription turntable? No idea on condition. Complete. $30.00
Attachments
stuff 4.jpg
Last edited by gramophone-georg on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI

And finally...

Hopefully I won't get spanked for this but hey, it DOES play 78s...

1. My trusty old Garrard RC-88/4 changer outfit. This old girl comes with changer spindle, single- play spindle, and 45 RPM changer spindle, as well as two pickup heads- a mono GE Variable Reluctance with switchable stylus using the red triangle at the top, as well as a stereo Pickering V-15 stereo cartridge with a low play time LP stylus. It also has the stylus pressure gauge in its original box with instructions and a Recotron "Valuable $10 Coupon" that, unfortunately, expired December 31 1956!

Sold as shown with plinth, but no dust cover. Even the original turntable mat is still pliable and supple, not dried out and crumbling like so many others are.

I will go through this, clean it, service it, and verify all functions for the buyer before completing the sale and sending it out. It's the first time I've had it out since around 2008 so please pardon the dust. $200.00
Attachments
stuff 5 001.jpg
stuff 5 002.jpg
stuff 5 003.jpg
stuff 5 004.jpg
stuff 5 005.jpg
Last edited by gramophone-georg on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.