FOUND: WANTED: Standard Model A Cabinet

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
dutchman
Victor IV

FOUND: WANTED: Standard Model A Cabinet

Post by dutchman »

Looking for a complete Standard Model A Cabinet. I have the back bracket, horn, tone arm and reproducer. Bill K
Last edited by dutchman on Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

outune
Victor IV

Re: WANTED: Standard Model A Cabinet

Post by outune »

Hi Bill-- I have a couple Standard Model "A" cabinets and motor parts-- (See pic) One is a "tall case" Standard and the other a little shorter. If you or knowledgeable folks on the forum know which one you need, I can help you out. I believe I'm just a short drive north of you.
Does anyone know if the case height makes a difference on the back bracket on the Standard "A" ???

(I also have Standard X cases and parts-- I believe some "A"s used the same motor.

Brad Abell
Attachments
DSCN1889.JPG
DSCN1889.JPG (136.71 KiB) Viewed 505 times
DSCN1890.JPG
DSCN1890.JPG (136.72 KiB) Viewed 505 times

jboger
Victor IV

Post by jboger »

I can answer the question about the back brackets. I have all three types of Standard Model As that were made. I will look a them in the morning and provide an answer.

jboger
Victor IV

Post by jboger »

I looked and measured the back brackets of all three Standard Model A phonographs. All back brackets are the same and have the same pinstriping. They are interchangeable. The principle differences between these machines lie in their different motors and case dimensions, not in their back brackets and tone arms. Tone arms are also the same length and take the same reproducer. Hope that helps.

If the owner has a perfect horn, he is off to a good start. In my experience finding a Standard Model A blue or red horn in fine condition is difficult. The earliest Model A has the brake/speed control rod in the front. Being the most common, this is probably what his horn and back bracket originally belonged to. I would rebuild one of those.

John

dutchman
Victor IV

Post by dutchman »

Gentlemen thanks for all the info. Brad if it is ok with you I'll get in touch with you and perhaps we can come up with something.. Bill K

outune
Victor IV

Post by outune »

Absolutely, Bill.. PM me and we can talk about what you have, need and want. :)

Brad