Crank_it_up
Victor III

Re: FOR SALE: Edison Transitional Model B Standard $550

Post by Crank_it_up »

Price reduced to $550.
Thanks, Joe

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

if early Cs and Ds were cased in the B-type cabinet, why isn't this unusually late B in a later style cabinet? A mystery... :)

George P.
When I see oddities with Standards I always look to see if it's an ICS machine. They seemed to use random cabinets with what was then the current ICS top works. For example I have a Model C Standard ICS mechanism in a early Model B case with banner decal. The original lid matches the lower cabinet perfectly and the inside of the lid has a sticker touting the convenience of not having an endgate. Jerry Blais

ehs004
Victor III

Post by ehs004 »

Jerry B. wrote:
if early Cs and Ds were cased in the B-type cabinet, why isn't this unusually late B in a later style cabinet? A mystery... :)

George P.
When I see oddities with Standards I always look to see if it's an ICS machine. They seemed to use random cabinets with what was then the current ICS top works. For example I have a Model C Standard ICS mechanism in a early Model B case with banner decal. The original lid matches the lower cabinet perfectly and the inside of the lid has a sticker touting the convenience of not having an endgate. Jerry Blais
Jerry , That is a outstanding observation on you're part !!
Eric

Crank_it_up
Victor III

Post by Crank_it_up »

Jerry B. wrote:

George P.

There's an ICS machine currently on ebay that has an endgate, double striping and exposed speed control. Horrible pics don't help it but this one must be rare as it came with a Columbia BKT lid. Look closely and you can see the screws that hold the ICS repeater, but the repeater is gone. No pics of the front panel, banner front? But luckily there are 2 pics of the back panel(??). And even better 5 pics of the lid! Serial number unknown.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Edison ... SwlrFarSgq
Joe

Crank_it_up
Victor III

Post by Crank_it_up »

TTT
This Standard is still available.
Thanks, Joe

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

Crank_it_up wrote:

There's an ICS machine currently on ebay that has an endgate, double striping and exposed speed control. Horrible pics don't help it but this one must be rare as it came with a Columbia BKT lid. Look closely and you can see the screws that hold the ICS repeater, but the repeater is gone. No pics of the front panel, banner front? But luckily there are 2 pics of the back panel(??). And even better 5 pics of the lid! Serial number unknown.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Edison ... SwlrFarSgq
Joe

Was the comment about rarity ironic? 8-)

Also, the carriage lift, or the carriage itself, appears to have been replaced. The ICS models had a lift lever, with a sort of rack that engaged the repeater, rather than the button.

Bill

Crank_it_up
Victor III

Post by Crank_it_up »

Lucius1958 wrote:
Crank_it_up wrote:

Was the comment about rarity ironic? 8-)

Also, the carriage lift, or the carriage itself, appears to have been replaced. The ICS models had a lift lever, with a sort of rack that engaged the repeater, rather than the button.

Bill
It was an attempt at sarcasm. I don’t think any Edison machine left the factory with a Columbia lid.
Joe